Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
My father used to do a bunch of demo derby's when I was a kid, and I've been wanting to do one for a while... I think I'll finally get to doing it at one of the local fairs next year.

·
Got Woodgrain?
7,489 Posts
Used to do it when cars were readily available for cheap. I also stopped because it was taking a week for my back and neck to recover.

Loads of fun though!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you do with them all once you get them home after an event?
Junk them, at $260 a ton now it's around $4-500 a car. I only pay $1-150 a car, so a bunch of fun and some cash back in the end.... Oh, and a little pain too !!!!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
howd the t bird do? used to have one it was a tank
It won my heat, but in the final which had bout 26 cars, it made it half way. Would have been nice to win the final @ $1800 to the winner !

·
Registered
240 Posts
This past year: This baby tied its heat, and won 2 consecutive servivor heats. It OWNED people. I'm rather good at this ;) This year I welded the rear pass doors and the barn doors. Solid as a rock!

Before:

After 3 heats:...still running.

·
Registered
240 Posts
2010:
My ride:

Thats my bro on the hood, not me.

My lil' Bro's.

They put us in the same heat....HAHAHA

·
Registered
240 Posts
A few more from the last 4 or 5 years...Trucks hit HARD!

F250 with a 351...only ran on 7 cyl.

My back was some sore after this one. Look how much the bed bent the cab in...

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
I did a couple of these back in my early 20's. Used to have them at a local fair that came to town once a year but the fair doesn't even exist any more. I'd love to do it again!!!
But no where around here has demolition derby's anymore.
I was sore as hell the next day the first time I done it. Not so bad the second year but fun as hell.
I'll try to find some pics to put up.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cmurphy where do you run? I used to do Marshfield and brockton every year but stop a couple years ago
Same , marshfield and Brockton for the last 14 years. Didn't do marshfield this year, was in Florida on vaca. Cheap fun !! Get all your road rage out !!! We also do some with a few of us out behind DMC on the weekends messin around .

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did a couple of these back in my early 20's. Used to have them at a local fair that came to town once a year but the fair doesn't even exist any more. I'd love to do it again!!!
But no where around here has demolition derby's anymore.
I was sore as hell the next day the first time I done it. Not so bad the second year but fun as hell.
I'll try to find some pics to put up.
Sometimes we don't even wait for the fairs. My buddy owns a towing co. And gets all types of shit, we have had a couple big rv motor homes that we jump the cars right thru the side !! Fun . But makes a mess pickin up all the inside when it gets driven thru ! Have to dig out some pics.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts