Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of mounting my back pressure sensor on my car.

I am looking for some ideas.

Show me what you got.

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
What you after? I don't have any pics but... I put 1/8npt nipple in the pipe from the motor to the turbo. Ran some brake line (I think) and snaked it up to the firewall where I have the sensor.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Don't mount the sensor on the pipe.
We will weld a 4"~5" 1/8" nipple off the header or crossover and as mentioned steel brake line to the sensor of gauge. Use teflon braided if you need a flex.

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how many coils/ feet are needed between the fitting and sensor?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
I usually go 2~4 feet you might be able to go shorter.
A little longer allows less heat to the gauge/sensor.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
We use a 6' length of copper tube we coil up and put stainless compression fittings on each end. Usually use a 1/8npt female fitting like this on the collector.

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
Nice work...

·
Smoked another CTD
3,956 Posts
We use a 6' length of copper tube we coil up and put stainless compression fittings on each end. Usually use a 1/8npt female fitting like this on the collector.
Bingo!

I did just as Shearer posted and used a 100psi oil pressure sender. Worked great for me.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Just FYI, there is no reason to use copper tube. Yes, it's easy to bend, but, all it's going to do is transfer heat down itself very effectively. If the goal is to keep the sensor cool, use something with crappy thermal conductivity.....steel...or better yet, stainless.

Long copper tube is probably going to be fine, but just sayin'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts