Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are still people in the pits that are testing there trans brakes on the ground in the pits. What the fuck is wrong with you people. I was at a National Open at Speedworld and saw it done two times, one was right behind me and I walked over to him and lucky things went good as he said he was sorry and it won't happen again. We need to confront these ass holes before it's to late again.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,526 Posts
It's just plain stupidity. These are the same people that will get under a car with out jack stands.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Had a SS/M car next to us one time, about 7500 on the 2 step over and over again. My pops put a stop to that real quick.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is why I started this thread as I knew it was just a matter of time.
Irwindale last Thursday:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
At least that guy has a bodyshop for a sponser .. dumbass
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I saw pics of a guy who almost drove through his shop, and out the wall testing the T-brake.. What a mess he made, almost looked like a bomb went off in the shop.. :smt119

I don't know that I have ever tested the T-brake at the track, unless it was way down on the return road, or on the jack, or lift at the shop.

·
Registered
876 Posts
How did that car end up sitting like that?
Looks like the pits are probably over to the right side and the car came rocketing through to the staging lanes. Hope nobody was hurt, that sucks.

I admit to testing the trans brake in the driveway, but its decent length and will not do it without a foot hovering over the brake pedal

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Problem is some guys can test their trans brake while in neutral.
With a Bruno or Donovan unit the tranny can be in neutral while on brake.
So check the car before chewing ass.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Problem is some guys can test their trans brake while in neutral.
With a Bruno or Donovan unit the tranny can be in neutral while on brake.
So check the car before chewing ass.
Not sure I even trust that without a backup plan (or foot above the brake pedal lol). I've never really measured it, but guessing this is about 15 degree of rotation on the reverser to either go into forward or reverse. There have been times it should have been in neutral but it never pulled out of engagement even though the lever is in the neutral position

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
FUCKING STUPIDITY @ IT'S FUCKING FINEST TO DO THAT SHIT IN THE FUCKING PITS!!!! TIME TO TAKE UP FUCKING ROLLER-BLADING OR SEWING ETC! :cool:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to clarify I am not saying this one was due to testing the tans brake, as something else might have gone wrong, but I myself have gone to a couple people in the pits this year “because of trans brake testing while on the ground” and chewed some ass out. There are a lot of stupid FUCKS out there in the pits.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...night-irwindale-speedway-156453.html?t=156453

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/1389790-irwindale-2-24-2011-a.html#post14554001

Written by someone else:
apparently the throttle of the car "bravos toy" got stuck open in the pits after making a pass, and he blew threw the guard rail and hit several cars including a saleen mustang a civic hatch, 3 ls1 camaros and a silverado ss. it looked like only two people got hit. a son and his mom. im not sure about all the details but it was a very scary thing to see and luckily nobody was killed. the car eventually got stuck still revving in between the silverado ss and a pewter z28

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I caught a guy drifting in the pitts at a test and tune event and I chased him down and choked the hell out of him. I bet he finds a better place to drift from now on.

I hate dumbass people.

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
Had a moron @ Etown few years ago far side pits next to airport, was pretty early in am. Was a TT and few other bracket events, these 2 morons are in pits down end. Honda and a mits, I guess they too thought it was lets do burn outs and let the rocks fly against a few nice cars. Well i hear few rocks hit my trailer. I look over and 3 guys that pitted behind me in next row, take off running and on a quad. They had 1 guy against his car with two hands around his neck. I didnt even have to break a sweat. Went over to them to see the damage few rock chips on side of a nice 70 SS nova. They didnt look too happy. These dumb ricer burner aholes left that track slowly thats for sure. Total assholes in every crowd. Rock chips are one thing could take out a eye too. Trans brake can kill someone. Track mgmt should tell these ppl to take a hike and tell their asshle friends and stay away. I hate morons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts