Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to make HP I need Fuel, Air & something to light it. seeing how a SBC distributor & a BBC distributor are the exact same part, lets forgoe that part of the equation.

So, if I have a hole thats x by y in size & an ambient pressure of 29.92 in-hg, I can move ZZZ amount of air through that hole. assuming I want to keep the lands on my pistons I want to supply enough fuel into that motor to keep the AFR in a reasonable range. There are folks that are AWESOME supplying fuel, so thats not an issue (IMO of course). So, why would anyone in thier right mind restrict themselves to a hole thats X by y when you can have XXX by YYY (that whole XXX was for you Monty :wink: )?

OK, so if I cant consistantly shove enough Nitrous through a motor, so I REALLY need to make the hole larger. Oooooooops, I cant make the hole any larger I've maxed the hole out. what is a guy to do? any suggestions anyone? anyone? come on guys theres a LOT of smart fellers here. Oh, I got it what I can do is make myself a turbo setup & take that 29.92 in-hg & make it 59.84 in-hg or maybe even 89.76 in-hg & MAKE that air go through that little bitty hole.

Oh WOW NOW im cooking with oil. But, those pesky laws of thermodynamics are back again. gee every time I try to shove that much air though a small hole it creates pressure, & with that pressure I increase Temp & with that temp I spread those molecules out & what do you know the mass flow is back down again. SHOOT, I still have to make that hole bigger. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, anyone know how to make that hole bigger. I know that there is a guy in Canadia with a nova that can make that hole bigger. Ooooo, there is another guy with a bitchen blue 66 Chevelle that has these American Indian heads on his motor that flow a LOT of air. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, any one remember how big those holes are again?

I think Im done for now, Jim is calling me or was that Jack? I forget.

Bob

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey

Didn't i make a comment about no more than a couple paragraphs. I don't have time to read more than that!!!! JUST KIDDING :lol:
Although Monty and Jimmy have been known to fill up pages with their comments before!! LOL

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy smokes :shock: :shock: who is the happy fingered wind bag? Let me see if I cant abreviate that a bit.
Big Blocks RULE!!!!!

Bob

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts
OK I got bored and stop reading 1/4 way through... Bob you must be an engineer.. I'm used to you people.. They put it on paper and say it has to work.. But in reality it's a complete joke..

NHRA Pro Stock = Ban the smallblock because the BBC guys couldn't compete

NHRA Funny Car = Ban the smallblock because the BBC guys couldn't compete

NHRA Top Fuel = Ban the smallblock because the BBC guys couldn't compete

Mikho Grudge Matches = smallblock

Orlando 2004 = smallblock

Worldest fastest 10.5 tire car = smallblock

Worlds Fastest "Legal" Pro Street Car = smallblock

Faster than Bobolas = SMALLBLOCK :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You keep telling yourself that Mikhoe, one day you will believe it. LOL.

Bob

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Whats with all these Chevy big block guys constantly whining?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts