Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short the lender did not payoff the liens that were against the house and supplied the HUD docs showing it was paid off 100%. It was paid in full 4 years ago.

So now current today my sister had a buyer for the house with a nice profit and one of the liens are still there! The sob completely lied and was making a payment on the outstanding debt which she never knew anything about thinking the whole time she owned it outright free and clear. Cost her 70k profit to boot!

Is this fraud???? falsifying documents? Intent? What can she do???

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A whole complete story would help. Along with a location.

She lives in Austin, Tx

She bought the house in 2012 paid it off at the end of 2015. When she paid it off it was with a cashiers check showing final payment and they had provided a letter of payoff and sent the HUD closing statement.

There is 30k owed. I do not know all the specifics yet. She did a bunch of digging and tracked down the lien holder and they said no it has not been paid off and that the payments were being made against it. So there lawyers are now involved. Because she has the payoff papers but we know there fake.

I

I just want to help her she is a 25 year AF vet was going to retire and now this scamming shit.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
"The lender", "he", "they", "SOB".....

Yep, now that we know all of the details and understand the full story we'll get to the bottom of this immediately!!!! ;)

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
I want to believe the lawyers that handled her closing, mortgage insurance, bonds etc may offer some deeper pockets to go after. Also how about explaining who is the crooked lender*: Joe Shit Ragman or a Corp?
The falsely claimed payoff is likely a clusterfuck civil case/*criminal crime

Hate to say this shit but IF it is some schleper and not a fancy lending company the dough handed to lawyers may well be better just tossed into a fire. IF there is no money there or they are sue-proof paying a lawyer to get it is a waste.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
.......Photos!!!...... Photos of house, wife, sister, daughter, etc etc etc.........

You need an attorney..............

·
Senior Frog
10,327 Posts
Long story short the lender did not payoff the liens that were against the house and supplied the HUD docs showing it was paid off 100%. It was paid in full 4 years ago.

So now current today my sister had a buyer for the house with a nice profit and one of the liens are still there! The sob completely lied and was making a payment on the outstanding debt which she never knew anything about thinking the whole time she owned it outright free and clear. Cost her 70k profit to boot!

Is this fraud???? falsifying documents? Intent? What can she do???
I would take it up with your closing atty
They are at fault

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Negative ^^^^^ AA housing solutions (The name of the company she bought it from) admitted they did not pay off the debt when confronted. But provided false docs saying it was free and clear. The owner gave her some excuse of why and how he was going to etc. So no there is no surprises on this end. The paperwork provided looks legit in every way but it was fabricated. This has already been verified.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I have the good fortune of having a lawyer in the family. This makes real estate transactions a lot less headaches. Our first house had numerous builder's lines, as it was a repo. About two years after we moved in, Uncle Harry handed me a glass of wine at a Christmas get-together, and says "I finally got that last lien officially cleared off your house." I hadn't even known he was working on it. He was about three phone calls away from getting a court order vacating the lien, and then the other party came through. In the OP's case, this was a job for the real estate lawyer. If paperwork has been fabricated, the lien probably has no merit now. If it does, it's on whomever fabricated the paperwork. This may require a judgment and a court order, though.

·
Registered
41,333 Posts
I doubt they are in the clear. You can't sell a house with a lien on it unless they have paperwork with the buyer's OKs on it. Sounds like fraud to me.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Negative ^^^^^ AA housing solutions (The name of the company she bought it from) admitted they did not pay off the debt when confronted. But provided false docs saying it was free and clear. The owner gave her some excuse of why and how he was going to etc. So no there is no surprises on this end. The paperwork provided looks legit in every way but it was fabricated. This has already been verified.
So no normal closing and no title policy I take it. Otherwise, you might have recourse.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts