·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much boost do the nhra legal cars make on the line
how much max boost on a run
what rpm are the motors being turned on a run
how high of a compression ratio is being ran

Just want to make some comparisons to the legal roots.

Thanks for any useful info

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No doubt. I know what the roots cars have to turn and such to get 40lbs of boost. I was wondering about the turbos. I would imagine they only go 9500 with the hemi 9000 with 481x and make 55-60lbs boost. I would like to see what they would do on a more equal field, just for conversations sake.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
How much boost do the nhra legal cars make on the line (8 to 12PSI) on automatic cars
how much max boost on a run (Old turbos 57PSI) (New ones 52PSI)
what rpm are the motors being turned on a run 9500 to 10,000 range
how high of a compression ratio is being ran not sure but we run 12 to 1 on my car.

Just want to make some comparisons to the legal roots.

Thanks for any useful info
These are what I've been told so not 100% facts seen with my own eyes.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Danny blankenship has been 3.77 in 1/8 with an 1871. Not sure about a 1471. I know of a 3.86.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most legal cars i would imagine have a much higher compression ratio and spin the motors alot higher than the outlaw cars do. Just my opinion

·
42,736 Posts
Most legal cars i would imagine have a much higher compression ratio and spin the motors alot higher than the outlaw cars do. Just my opinion
What happens if you run more compression, and spin the motor higher with a 1871 with unlimited OD?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Depends on what your blower is made for, once you start overheating your air, you will go backwards.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Depends on what your blower is made for, once you start overheating your air, you will go backwards.
Actually same deal with turbos too. Once they get to a certain point they just make more boost not more power.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts