Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Legal advice,

Paid a guy to pick up and ship a car from Baton Rouge, La.
to Broken Arrow, Ok.

Car was to be picked up on July 22nd and delivered with in 7-10..

Well shipping was paid for and as of today the car has still not been picked up and communication with the shipper has been non existent since Friday of last week...

Where would I file a civil suit?

In my county where the car was to be delivered where the car is to be picked up,

Am I just screwed????

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Post up all the info on the "company"

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went through a similar deal and had to got to small claims court where the transaction occured -considered to be where the vendors place of business is had to pay to get started would have had to appear in court -i dont know what you paid but, i would probably try to get is settled or just move on -with what i spent on gas and time away from work and home it wasnt worth it -just remember once you start you cannot just stop you can be held responsible for all court and legal fees.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wire Transfer through Wal Mart and the contract was done on U-shp
Hey Jeff I had a friend with a similiar problem he went through local athorities were the company was based out of. Sorry to hear of this I hope you get this taken care of.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jeff I had a friend with a similiar problem he went through local athorities were the company was based out of. Sorry to hear of this I hope you get this taken care of.
I will call The county there and see what I need to do.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I have shipped a few cars and the places I delt with allways asked for payment when the car was delivered,not before it was even picked up.

Our family owns a small trucking company and we allways get payment at the time of delivery.

Your best bet is prob a comsumer affairs type deal.If you go to court they can drag it out forever. Also U-ship should have some type of deal to go after bad companys,contact them and let them know what happend.

Hope it works out for you,I hate to hear of chit like this.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe its just me but does anyone else see something wrong with a wire transfer through wal-mart?

It was a Money Gram similar to using Western Union,

The deal was made @ about 2:30 and the car needed to be picked up by 4:30 that day. He said he had a wrecker about 10 minutes away but he required a Deposit he had been hosed on payment of the delivery of some cars so they no longer did pickups until they had a $500 deposit.

I have done quit a bit of business on U-ship in the last 4 months this guy had 7 positive shipments in the last 3 months and 2 negative afterwards I found out he had multiple canceled deals,

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe its just me but does anyone else see something wrong with a wire transfer through wal-mart?
Oh I have an account to ship money to anywhere in the world that can be picked up at any Wal Mart, that is why he was paid in that manner.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Post up the guys info,name address,telephone number,etc.

Without info no one can help you.
Why do people even protect these theifs is beyond me? :confused:

Yellow Bullet has POWER!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have shipped a few cars and the places I delt with allways asked for payment when the car was delivered,not before it was even picked up.
I have shipped about 20 cars and had a couple that we had to do deposits with,

I could not find anyone else who would even bid this job, had it up on 4 sights for a week. When I got a bid and he said he was 10 minutes away I didnt mind paying the deposit..

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
I'm about 2 hrs west of Baton Rouge......lemme know if I can do anything to help........

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts