Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry they are so shitty... o_O

It was wet today, so I didn't go anywhere besides my garage. But, while cleaning up some image folders on the computer, I found a few pix from a Kemah cruise nite a couple weeks back that I had never posted. I was only there for a few minutes that night, and bailed early. Much of what I did see were things I had seen before so I skipped on by, but here's a few pix, both good and bad, of random things that I thought were worth a look or two.

No, I did not take my dog on this night... :(

I'm not into the import scene at all, but I talked to this guy for a minute. He said his car makes 830 HP at 30 something pounds of boost. I can't remember the torque number he gave, 670-ish, I think? Meanwhile his GF looks like she has a motor of her own that makes some serious horsepower... :sneaky:

·
Aviation Section
24,872 Posts
Neat! Thanks for that! That 1962 white Cat was nice! Love the big old Ponchos! Dave

·
Registered
23,687 Posts
Posted this on Groucho's thread...Restaurant mentioned below was Otto's at the Fountains...and too weather was too "iffy" to drive the approx 40miles to Kemah meet to find same no show.

Thxs for posting (y) :cool:

Thxs for the pixs posting...deep rains here have been the issue for several past weekends...cleared up enough lateyesterday to pull out the WS6 6m to travel down interstate to local Saturday BBQ/Burger Shop meet...an hour after usual start was only one other vehicle - Square Body Chebby C10 - there...the host restaurant may have succumbed to the WhuFlu shutdown and gone dark... ❓

Even still, after busy work weeks, enjoyed taking the WS6 out for a system exercising cruise... ⚙

So enjoy the clear dry weather and keep the pixs coming 😎

Reactions: Racer997

·
Registered
23,687 Posts
Neat! Thanks for that! That 1962 white Cat was nice! Love the big old Ponchos! Dave
Yes and Gotta Luv the "Handicap Parking" hangin off the rear view mirror of a 1962 Catalina 2 door w Manual Stick Transmission and 421 Fender callouts :p
From the factory those cars kinda sat a little high, but this one seems a little much... :unsure:
Yes and Prolly A/C or more modern springs that 1) Have little to no road time to "settle down" or perhaps 2) Purposely install tall (front) springs for "better rear tire bite" on take off is WAG

Recall our family '62 Catalina Drag Car was purposely equipped w soft frt springs and 90/10 up-lock shocks to get the front hight for traction as was "the hawt setup" back then in B/MP...

That said; OP IIRC wasn't this '62 Catalina actually an LS transplant? Can't remember for 100% 'fo shore :p

·
Aviation Section
24,872 Posts
From the factory those cars kinda sat a little high, but this one seems a little much... :unsure:
I think it was because it was restored, my 1964 421 Tri-Power /4 speed Grand Prix does not sit like a plow truck and it has original paint and has not been restored.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted this on Groucho's thread...Restaurant mentioned below was Otto's at the Fountains...and too weather was too "iffy" to drive the approx 40miles to Kemah meet to find same no show.

Thxs for posting (y) :cool:
Been a long while since I was at Ottos. A return trip is in order... 🤔

As for the ‘62 Cat, indeed it might be resprung? No time to ask when I was walking by it. Not sure about an LS swap in this car, either. Not sure I’ve ever seen it before? Also, probably a good call on not coming out based on weather. I was busy with other things, so I couldn’t make it, but I bet it was a washout anyway. Note these pix are from a few weeks back...

·
Registered
23,687 Posts
Been a long while since I was at Ottos. A return trip is in order... 🤔

As for the ‘62 Cat, indeed it might be resprung? No time to ask when I was walking by it. Not sure about an LS swap in this car, either. Not sure I’ve ever seen it before? Also, probably a good call on not coming out based on weather. I was busy with other things, so I couldn’t make it, but I bet it was a washout anyway. Note these pix are from a few weeks back...
Well the good news is Otto's is still open...I just called and all is good...if I'd known that last night I'd stopped in and ordered something to add to their daily bottom line, as they looked like they were dark when I drove thru...

Why It Matters: We All Have to Seek Out Favorite Meeting and Restaurants We Enjoy for them to survive Post-WhuFlu Shutterings and "Delivery Only" local mandates, as it is estimated 40% and more will not survive past the end of this year...

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the good news is Otto's is still open...I just called and all is good...if I'd known that last night I'd stopped in and ordered something to add to their daily bottom line, as they looked like they were dark when I drove thru...

Why It Matters: We All Have to Seek Out Favorite Meeting and Restaurants We Enjoy for them to survive Post-WhuFlu Shutterings and "Delivery Only" local mandates, as it is estimated 40% and more will not survive past the end of this year...
I was just thinking about business that won’t survive and how it’ll be blamed on this administration...but that’s for another thread...

I think it was because it was restored, my 1964 421 Tri-Power /4 speed Grand Prix does not sit like a plow truck and it has original paint and has not been restored.
Cool car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts