was thinking of taking a ride to lebanon valley ny for this on sunday

Anyone been to this before ? any good worth the trip

I see the F.A.S.T group is there never seen 10 sec cars on polyglas tires

Never been to to this track
Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
You better check the weather there before you leave, they are calling for a 50 percent chance of rain Sunday.There is a website www.racetrack weather.com you can check any track in the country and most track websites give there weather also.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Been there plenty of times, lots of show and go. Worth it if the weather holds.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Great time n nice cars if weathers gd we will be there with a blue 65 gt 350 and a 70 dodge d100.pick up. Racing not showing

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Its a cool event but you end up spending most of the time watching 13-15 second cars

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Hell,I would think a ride to Cecil would be closer to the YB nationals.From Roch it is 6+ hours.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
We packed up after winner 1st rd. someone blew out their back glass and took hours to clean up.. Wasn't into sitting in the sun any longer after that. They just put the car on the truck heading to bullet. I got stuck home for a business meeting. Bullet or hell Indy would be more fun if u don't mind a semi short drive.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went and all im gonna say is for my first time going there it seems they are more geared towards the racers ,

no bs classes moved quick !!!

i cant get over the food prices !! $2.00 hotdog ,$1.50 pizza lol seems like they are geared towards the familys in mind about 1/2 hr more in distance vs new england dragway for me but i am very interested in racing there

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
went and all im gonna say is for my first time going there it seems they are more geared towards the racers ,

no bs classes moved quick !!!

i cant get over the food prices !! $2.00 hotdog ,$1.50 pizza lol seems like they are geared towards the familys in mind about 1/2 hr more in distance vs new england dragway for me but i am very interested in racing there
So they must have dodged the rain?
I couldn't make it but go when I can.Nice show.

You are right about the track.Got a friend works on it and they are committed to run as quickly and efficiently as possible.Good crew.

Howie does put out decent grub.Does not overcharge and still makes a killing at the concession stands and also at the circle track.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
It was nice meeting you up there yesterday Andy. I can't wait to see pictures of your Maverick when it's all done. You're right about the venue though, it's a great place to visit and race. The bracket racing is really the way that I like to race because they separate all of the cars based on timeslips. Thus, there's a 10 second, 11 second, 12 second, 13 second, and a 14/15 second classes. It's not like New England Dragway where they'll have a 10 second car lined up against a 17 second Ford Focus and the 10 second car will have to give a 7 second head start to the Focus. It's nice racing cars in your same time bracket. Since I was in the 11 second time bracket, that's all I raced. Yes, there's still handicaps but they're all under a second and this ensures that there's a lot of side by side racing down the track. Much more exciting!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice meeting you as well pete , i was very impressed with the tracks operation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts