Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I have a back halved 68 camaro that I got as a roller and decided to build a fun lil egine combo.

what I have is a bbc 540 14.1 com
800 lift solid roller (nitrous cam)
brodix 365 heads out of the box
brodix intake 1150 carb
power glide trans ptc converter
rear gear is a 5.14 and I have 29x135 rear tires

I was setting this car up for nitrous hence the nitrous cam but once I got a look in the rear end
I decided to just see what It would do on motor so I put in one of my old 9.5 ptc hp converters

Fyi im just a weekend worrier and I don't class or grudge race just is all for fun for me

the car has only a total of 2 track outings and 2 passes on the second outing second pass the car
ran 5.9 ft braking shifting at 6800 with rev limiter set at 7400rpm

on this run I had to peddle the car and lined up all wrong from the go

I would like to get the car to go as fast as I can with current combo because I figure
if I have to change gears I would just swap converters and put the nitrous friendly gears in.

do I turn up the rpms and keep running it or will I go faster with a gear change on motor no nitrous

·
Registered
546 Posts
I could see that gear with 33- 10.5 tires .Seems like with 29 a 4.30 or 4.56 might be better deal .Would think it take pretty good track to make 5.13 work.3.73 with nitrous would be fun.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do u think it would pick up any if I extend my max rpm a little I think with a clean run it may try to go a .50 .60 to the 8th mile also im running 34 degrees of timing

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
5.13 might be a bit too much gear for the 1/4th mile with that size tire. Looks like that engine should be good for about 8000rpm at the stripe. Changing the gear will most likely slow the short times and the 1/8th mile time. did you see what the RPM was at the stripe at the 1/8th?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is a eighth mile only car
i had the rev limiter set at 7400 and it did hit the limiter but again I had to peddle the car so not sure if a dirty pass really tells all that much

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
60ft 1.23 leaving at 3000rpm ft braking
330ft 3.73 shifting at 6800rpm
660 ft 5.90 101 mph rev limit set at 7400

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
car seem to have been pushing left so I let out of the gas at half track then slowly got back in to it and it hit limiter almost at the end of the run

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is actually a motorcycle race and very few cars at the track this day and I was not lined up straight and I was out of the groove

·
Registered
272 Posts
To go as fast as possible on a nitrous cammed motor, without using nitrous, you will want as much gear and converter(loose, high stall) as possible. It will also go faster, the higher rpm u spin it. U didn't tell us how big the cam is, and/ or how much rpm the motor can handle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts