Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Master subscriber
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have 2 shitzu's. They recently spent the week with our sons 2 dogs who have fleas. After a trip to the groomer today, we were told they both have fleas. We live in a condo and I have no experience with fleas. I am kinda freaked out now, and feel like I have stuff crawling on me....I don't, that I've seen. The groommer recommended Frontline over K9 Advantage. What do you guys use? We live in a condo in San Diego, dogs are inside everyday except to pee several times a day. I am seeing some pretty expensive prices on Frontline products, is there a coupon or less expensive place to buy this stuff? All prices are times 3 cuz we will need to buy for a 3rd dog that spends alot of time here..our daughters. Any help is appreciated....in advance.

·
IN HILLARY'S PANTIES
5,050 Posts
ONE REASON I DON'T WANT ANIMALS AROUND ME - FUCKING NASTY. MAKE YOUR SON PAY BECAUSE HIS FILTHY ANIMAL CAUSED THE WHOLE DEAL. IF FLEA'S ARE ON YOUR MUTTS, THEY ARE IN YOUR CARPET, FURNITURE, BED, AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN LATCH ON TO! YOU AND YOUR WIFE ARE NEXT IF THEY'RE NOT ALREADY CRAWLING IN YOUR HAIR! EWWWWWWW!!!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The stuff that works isn't cheap. You need a product with Fipronil in it. I use Hartz First Defense.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Frontline works but make sure you watch your pet closely for a few days. If they stop eating and drinking they may be allergic to it.

·
Banned
30,234 Posts
ONE REASON I DON'T WANT ANIMALS AROUND ME - FUCKING NASTY. MAKE YOUR SON PAY BECAUSE HIS FILTHY ANIMAL CAUSED THE WHOLE DEAL. IF FLEA'S ARE ON YOUR MUTTS, THEY ARE IN YOUR CARPET, FURNITURE, BED, AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN LATCH ON TO! YOU AND YOUR WIFE ARE NEXT IF THEY'RE NOT ALREADY CRAWLING IN YOUR HAIR! EWWWWWWW!!!!!

:rolleyes: :p

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
I find that Revolution flea medicine works better that Advantage.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Don't try to cheap out on this or you'll chase your tail. You need them little fuckers gone! Have your vet get you some vectra 3d or Activyl tick plus. They'll be gone the next day.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had to fog bomb house to get rid of fleas last time ex let her dog hang out with nasty mutts .

Then wash dog in dawn dish soap an use comb. Then use doggy soap on dog so skin doesn't dry out.

You can set trap in house to see if you got a big problem use desk lamp over a dish of dawn dish soap fleas hit light an fall in soap trap an die. If you got a bunch you will know quick.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
IDK bout fleas but for ticks if they have none right now and plan on going camping or something use a vinegar and dish soap wash before they go somewhere.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have always used frontline on 3 of my dogs without issues over the last 15 years. My girlfriend always used advantage on her lab without an issues for the last 6 years. A few weeks ago she used frontline for the first time on her lab and he got a very bad chemical burn on his back from it. Not sure if it was too much in 1 spot or what, but he's just really starting to heal. Now he has scar tissue and his hair lost likely won't grow back.

I'm not knocking the product since I've had great results from frontline, just something to think about.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 43 Posts