Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, question:

On my -10 steel braided Aeroquip return line, i have a seeping leak. i can turn the pump on for however long I like, and watch the line. no leaks. it's 13.5' long.

Icome back in the morning, and there's a puddle dead center in the line, underneath the car. line on top of tank, and following over diff area is bone dry, about a 15'' section where it runs along side the subframe connector in the middle of the car is wet to touch. line is attached to the regulator on the inner fender goes along shock tower, and down into the right front wheel well, then under the car. all this line is bone dry.

I dropped the tank, removed the line and capped the ends with -10 plugs. I submerged it in a tub of water for 1/2 and hour with 100 psi of air from the compressor. and NO bubbles!!!

I/m so pissed, brand new line.

any other ideas???

Thanks
chris

·
FUCKING ASSHOLE SINCE '61
7,335 Posts
Pressure test all the lines by themselves.

Put them underwater, look for bubbles.

I have seen Aeroquip line that had alcohol in the fuel sit in the lines and eat the insides.

The lines leaked from the sidewall of the line, rubber had deteriorated.

Your Pal, Gary

If they all check good , try redoing the connections.

Could be a seeping leak.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it!! i had cool water in the tub at first so probably made the pin hole close up.

i filled it with scalding hot water and BAM there were two small pin holes next to each other, about 6'' from where I assumed the leak was. so glad i found it,.

thanks for your advise gary

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts