Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted up a set of Hoosier front runners and can’t stop them from leaking. I’m talking a couple lbs/hr. Any ideas?

·
Registered
26,473 Posts
Just mounted up a set of Hoosier front runners and can’t stop them from leaking. I’m talking a couple lbs/hr. Any ideas?
Take em off the rim, and you’ll see the parting line. Take some gasket sealer, and cover the parting line. Soap the tire, and rim. Air back up, and problem solved.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take em off the rim, and you’ll see the parting line. Take some gasket sealer, and cover the parting line. Soap the tire, and rim. Air back up, and problem solved.
Got'em broken down now and coated the inside with slime sealant. Going to let it cure overnight and try it again tomorrow. I've had trouble with rears in the past and used slime or dish soap to stop it but never front runners.

·
Registered
26,473 Posts
Got'em broken down now and coated the inside with slime sealant. Going to let it cure overnight and try it again tomorrow. I've had trouble with rears in the past and used slime or dish soap to stop it but never front runners.
You’ll be fine. I’ve used the same method on slicks.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The slime seemed to fix the problem. They are holding air just fine now.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I am on my second set of Hoosier fronts and have had too many rears to count. None of them have leaked air due to an issue with the tire. The fronts will hold pressure for months and not drop more than a couple of pounds. I did have a rear tire that was leaking down a while back, Found it to be a bad valve core. Hoosier makes a good tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts