Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the cam plug on the back of the block is leaking i've pulled the motor twice and replaced rear main but still leaks. it looks like it could be coming from above and dripping on crank. there is no oil leaking from top of motor like rear intake or oil pressure sending unit. My question is what kind of sealer to use on the cam plug and can it be removed from rear without removing cam and knocking out from inside. I've built a few motors but always had the machine shop install the plugs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Use red sealant, and you maybe able to with the cam in. Try knocking it out by hitting one side with a screwdriver and hammer so it turns on you and use pliers orvise grips to leverage it out. My .02. Worth a try, what could you loose?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
drill small hole in plug and use a dent puller. you may what to reseal the pipe plugs back there also. ps.. what block are you working on? is this a small block 400? if it is, the rear main seal may have been opened up if the block has been line bored.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 355 ,i planned on replacing the pipe plugs also. any suggestions on sealant type for cam and pipe plugs? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts