Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the factory leaf spring set-ups compare to the other types, such as mustang and torque arm camaros, on a legal all out DR car? It seems the leaves don't do as well. I know they can be made to work, but how well. Looks like most of the brutally fast DR cars are not running leaves.I'm not just talking 60' but ET at the end of the track too.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,922 Posts
they seem to be .05 off in the 60ft range and well the aero dynamics of the newer cars come into play also..so its easier for a 3rd gen to run 7.50s vs a box nova or so..

the stangs and tq arm cars seem to be more consistant also over diff track conditions from what i have seen.

tq arm,stangs and g-bodys all are the best to go with..they all have been teens and low 20s on radials..where i think the fastest leaf car has been 25 in the 60ft

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That what I see also. I believe if tracks allowed split leaves and coil overs with caltracs,a leaf car could hang with the others. 60' and down track. I have a 69 camaro that I have been studying and see alot of potential for improved geometry if that were allowed. I mean all kinds of tweeks like springs rates. ride heights, preloads, ic changes are possible with the others that aren't as easily tuned with leaves. It will end up like the blower/ n20 dilema, only no early cars, just mustangs and newer camaros and g bodies. Would like to see a more level playing field.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts