Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This class had the largest variety of cars I've ever seen. Everything down to a 30 something model Chevy with a boosted I6. Hope everyone that was here this weekend plus some more decide to race again in Feb.

·
Registered
586 Posts
x2 I will be there for sure. Motor problems kept us from coming to this one

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
I'd have to disagree, it was like a nova show. Helll the announcers were getting confused between pirez and the turbo nova because they looked so much a like.

There had to be 5 or 6 novas, 4 or more fbodies, a few s-10s, a couple darts, and the 2 cool odd balls being the old chevy pickup and the the super clean early 80s c-10 pickup. Though a neat class it didn't have the range of bodies that x275 or the 10.5 stuff draws. Not knocking it, just sayin that is what you get with larger car counts.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'd have to disagree, it was like a nova show. Helll the announcers were getting confused between pirez and the turbo nova because they looked so much a like.

There had to be 5 or 6 novas, 4 or more fbodies, a few s-10s, a couple darts, and the 2 cool odd balls being the old chevy pickup and the the super clean early 80s c-10 pickup. Though a neat class it didn't have the range of bodies that x275 or the 10.5 stuff draws. Not knocking it, just sayin that is what you get with larger car counts.
Hell anything is better than fox bodied and newer Mustangs and F bodied Camaros every other pair down the track. Im not knocking them either but how many differant leaf spring type cars are out there, so I understand that you will see more of the same style cars in a leafspring class.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts

it's too bad that fox body mustangs didn't have leaf springs. you never see them at a race. :rolleyes:

·
spoolin...
4,394 Posts
That class sure as hell beats a phucking mustang show. I enjoyed watching it and personally think it did have more variety than all the same body styles you see in other classes.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
This class will be a good one as long as the rules stay in place. No changing because one or two guys have a different combo and whine. Not calling out specific people so don't jump on me anyone just speaking generally.

On another note I would like to thank all the guys that came over and gave us a helping hand. The warren crew, shannon, and rob wells crew guys. Your help was much appreciated. Also it was great to meet you and your family outlaw nova and the richards gang. Meeting good people makes racing much more fun. I was part upset and part exhausted so I was not my usual self.

I wish I could have run but I was not going to risk putting a new car in the wall without getting it fixed properly. I have some of the best guys in the game suppling the power, converter, and chassis knowledge so I feel pretty good about returning to sgmp and performing very well.

Hope all the guys come back better and new guys come this class is gonna be great.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
GREAT CLASS! COOL CARS!
That old truck with the turbo I6 pulled off one of the best wheelies of the whole weekend!

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That was Al Tucci that got confused w/ the 2 cars, and that probably had more to do with him not being as familiar with the cars, and it being an honest mistake...

As far as variety, what all cars run X275 that is so different? Out of 90 cars you could probably say 60 were foxbodies, or maybe more. Then some of the same S10s and F-bodies...

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Dammmm Dom, I help put on a great nova show myself and its cool to see other cars out there becides a mustang. maybe someday I will have my 72 nova there
Greg

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'll be back and hopefully have my sensor issue resolved so I can actually make it down the track under power. Had a great time though. Gotta thank Profrormance Racing Transmissions, Steele Fabrication, and the Mayor for giving us the opportunity to even have this class. I really got to thank the proformance guys for spending half of their Friday helping me with my front end alignment problem, and then again Saturday morning for having some parts to help fix my broken valvetrain.

The qualifying spread for the top 16 was 5 teens to 5.50s I believe.

·
Registered
571 Posts
This class will be a good one as long as the rules stay in place. No changing because one or two guys have a different combo and whine. Not calling out specific people so don't jump on me anyone just speaking generally.

Hope all the guys come back better and new guys come this class is gonna be great.
I don't see any need to change the rules at all. Heck 25 or was it 26 cars showed up and there are others who fit the rules who were broke and didn't make it. So I think the rules obviously work. There are plenty of other classes guys could fit in at this race if they don't fit these rules.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts