Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to run ms 109 with our aprox 13:1 ls based motor . The ms109 will be on the edge with our compression . If we were to run c12 or c16 with the car still having 2 oxygen sensors and a wide band will the leaded fuel cause the sensors to go bad ? we are running vp n20 in our stand alone. Are there any other options . Thanks Mark

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Would like to run ms 109 with our aprox 13:1 ls based motor . The ms109 will be on the edge with our compression . If we were to run c12 or c16 with the car still having 2 oxygen sensors and a wide band will the leaded fuel cause the sensors to go bad ? we are running vp n20 in our stand alone. Are there any other options . Thanks Mark
I am also interested in this. I'm running the same compression,and thinking about going to ms109,instead of sunoco gt260.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I ran a stand alone UEGO 2000 with C16 and never killed a sensor. But it was a race application and I didn't idle around that much. Street driving with leaded fuel will kill them pretty quickly. I talked to Innovate Motorsports years ago and they stated in a race application 500 hours was the normal life of an O2 sensor with leaded fuel. If you are street driving on MS109 but racing on No2 or C16 then you will be fine. If you have to replace a 75 dollar sensor once a year it's better then replacing pistons and head gaskets because you ran a fuel that wasn't correct for your application.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i have a innovate lm-2....ran q-16 all year and never took the sensors out when moving the car around the yard/garage....no issues yet

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I don't have tons of street driving but I'd bet there is a good 2000 miles on my wideband over all these years. C12, Q16, VP110 etc etc. Still working on the orig sensor. I think there are a few different wideband sensors, one will hold up longer than the other. I believe its actually on Innovate site.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The NTK sensors are much more robust and lead resitant than the regular (less expensive) Bosch sensors used in almost every kit out there. I use leaded fuel only and haven't had to replace my first NTK sensor yet after two seasons of regular racing. I was killing bosches at a rate of a couple a year. After running the NTK sensor, there's no going back for me. :) There are other factors that affect sensor life (placement, angle, exhaust temp, how well the controller controls the heater element in the sensor, AFR, etc) as well, for both sensor types, so do what you can to help them live.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts