Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
instead of rumors, was there a car that was found illegal after a round of quallifying? this question is for whoever MIR had teching the cars over this past weekend. i am hearing that a car was running lighter weight for the engine combo that they had. claimed one engine yet had a bigger one in the car. Is this true?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Chris, Barry's car did not attempt a pass in ldr. He was giving a weight sticker by tech and decided to race in rvw, I believe he said it was a one off 5.0 bs engine but tech measured the headstud spacing and found it bigger 5.2 So he had to run ldr at 5.2 weight or run rvw at their nos 5.2 weight...he chose rvw...No rumors here only truth

·
Registered
427 Posts
Did he tech in under a 5.0 bore space entry and receive a sticker for 5.0 bore space weight? If so that is trying to cheat the class whether he made a pass or not. If so all the other classes that run have a weight break for 5.0 bore space or smaller if this is the case how long has it been going on?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thats the purpose of me posting it in this section and asking mir tech. off record, alot of people have been asking questions and raising concerns , both good and bad. on the record nothing gets asked or said and creates alot of rumors and grumbling. since i was hearing that tech found something (in this case bore spacing) im curious as to what happened, as are several other racers that do not post on forums. bringing it to light does no harm , actually it makes it better because some people said that he made a pass which in turn was false. but with there being different weights for different bore spacing, im wondering if that needs to be checked more often, or has anyone ever had their bore spacing checked? im used to having our turbo size checked, example, rules state 88mm and they have inserts they use to verify the size. this cuts out questions because its checked and bs is set aside.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Did he tech in under a 5.0 bore space entry and receive a sticker for 5.0 bore space weight? If so that is trying to cheat the class whether he made a pass or not. If so all the other classes that run have a weight break for 5.0 bore space or smaller if this is the case how long has it been going on?
This...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts