Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products. The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.
The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.
Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.
The lawsuit on behalf of Taco Bell customer and California resident Amanda Obney does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.
"We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.
Irvine, Calif.-based Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch (PAYCH) said the company denies that its advertising is misleading.
"Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree," Poetsch said. He said the company would "vigorously defend the suit."
The lawsuit says that Taco Bell's "seasoned beef" contains other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch.
Damn only 35% meat. No wonder I don't do Taco Bell or fast foods.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,528 Posts
What the hell do you expect when you are getting a burrito from less that a buck?

·
Registered
764 Posts
:butthead:Thats 35% of a burrito for a buck thats about right for the bell..

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
"high quality Mexican inspired food"

So instead of Rat or Cat Tacos you give out fake beef!

·
Registered
536 Posts
i work in the food industry and it is happening more and more. Companies now manufacture a lot of product with fillers and focus on the "taste" that the customer wants. They got it down to a science now. More filler = cheaper cost but still great flavor. Its not just taco bell, even some of your mom and pop ran restaurants and other smaller establishments are using that same products. There is a lot of junk product out there when it comes to beef, chicken, and pork. With the cost of those products going up, some establishments go for the less expensive route out.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
At least they're NOT suing for millions, and giving each respondant of the class action 35 cents or a coupon of some sort!... :cool:

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,528 Posts
Meat as advertised.

What do you expect?
I get it...but...it is still Taco Hell. Even if they bumped it up to 36% beef it's still all garbage.

Good tasting garbage...but still garbage. ;)

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,804 Posts
I had mc donalds the other day..got two mc dbls...i i shit you not the only reason i had to even chew it was because of the bread..that is not meat patyys in it at all

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If ya don't like don't eat it.

Personally I'm a little miffed they raised the prices of the 5-Layer Burrito & the Chicken Burrito - I don't buy 'em for the "beef".

1 - 20 of 62 Posts