Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an ad on the Speed Channel for the class action suit against the lawnmower manufacturers for claiming higher hp than the motors really produced. While I am sure you like me had always realized that a selfpropelled mower did not have 6.25 horsepower maybe some did not of course it really did not hurt anyone unless some companies were exaggerating more than others. The only ones really benefitting off of the suit will be the lawfirm who dreamed it up, the costs will be past on to the consumer in years to follow.

Here is what I would love to see happen,

For all of the major mower manufacturers to band together and advertise on TV that they are sorry for thier mistake and would like to see the consumers not the lawyers benefit from the settlement, and they will pay directly to consumers an amount 50% in excess of what the lawfirm will pay to the consumer and the check will get to the consumers door in 2 weeks after the letter with purchase reciept is recieved by the manufacturers association.

It seems to me this would be a great way to derail the lawfirms who dream up this kind of shit!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I saw that ad too, thought it was the stupidest thing I ever heard.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Im going to go measure my fishing line to make sure its really 100ft, if its one inch short im calling up the supreme court!!!

People are fucking sue happy pussies, we should burn the courts that allow this type of shit to even happen and imprison the rest of the fucksticks involved.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
I put my lawnmower on a dyno and it made .8 HP more than they said. Do I have to pay the manufacturer some money?

All kidding aside. I got a notice in the mail about this. Why does anyone care what the HP rating is if the lawnmower does what it's supposed to do? :confused:

·
Registered
41,248 Posts
All kidding aside. I got a notice in the mail about this. Why does anyone care what the HP rating is if the lawnmower does what it's supposed to do? :confused:
They don't care about the horsepower, it's the money they want!:D

My buddy knew nothing about this but got a check for about $100+ about a month ago because he bought a new lawn tractor a few years ago. If you made a purchase in the last few years, get your bucks back too.

·
Registered
15,451 Posts
I count the threads in my sheets to make sure I didnt get ripped

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,839 Posts
Sorta like the Murray deal years ago that put one of the biggest lawn mower companies out of business and a lot of people lost their jobs. Then the Chinese stuff took over.

Maybe the freakin stupid lawyers should go after the Chinese companies for all the crap being sold here. Idiots. But they can't because it would cost them more then they would make off the American public.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I put my lawnmower on a dyno and it made .8 HP more than they said. Do I have to pay the manufacturer some money?

Mine made 25 more HP..... 'Course it's got a single "Fogger" on it, but who the Phuck cares??
Now.... Where's my check?
Monty.... I'll give ya the back tire and the Hit.... 1 acre... "Get 'er Done"..

·
Registered
289 Posts
My understanding on this is they test the engines in an unrealistic setting, like a very cool temperature, no air cleaner, etc. etc. If they evening touch that number on the dyno thats what they rate it. Yes, I do very much agree that it is a sue happy world and it's just a bunch of jackoffs looking to pad their own pockets.

·
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
4,370 Posts
you guys don't race your neighbors to see who can mow the lawn the fastest?

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Mine made 25 more HP..... 'Course it's got a single "Fogger" on it, but who the Phuck cares??
Now.... Where's my check?
Monty.... I'll give ya the back tire and the Hit.... 1 acre... "Get 'er Done"..

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm a straight up grudge racer, yo!!

My John Deere is all stock besides the after market radial tires on it!! :p:p

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm a straight up grudge racer, yo!!

My John Deere is all stock besides the after market radial tires on it!! :p:p
What, no turbo?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts