Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just microwaved 25 1$ bills on high for 1 minute and they reached 225 deg. F with no visible damage, other than they feel a little more crisp than they did, feel more like newer bills than they did.

Searched the web for "what temperature kills corona-virus" or covid-19, etc. and couldn't find much but one site mentioned, "The corona virus SARS kills at 133F however at that temp for 1 hour, 160F for 30 minutes."

Viruses stayed stable at 4 degrees C, at room temperature (20 degrees C) and at 37 degrees C for at least 2 h without remarkable change in the infectious ability in cells, but were converted to be non-infectious after 90-, 60- and 30-min exposure at 56 degrees C, at 67 degrees C and at 75 degrees C, respectively. Irradiation of UV for 60 min on the virus in culture medium resulted in the destruction of viral infectivity at an undetectable level
Looks like a tanning booth will sterilize.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,396 Posts
Intense UV exposure should do it too.

·
Registered
23,674 Posts
How 'bout your wallet?

·
Smart Ass Conservative
104,205 Posts
Thanks I threw my change in there and fucked up my microwave

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Microwaves work on moisture -- mist that money or better stick it in a damp MV container and blast it to steam it

Well nix freezing the CV19
The COVID-19 coronavirus could last up to two years at below freezing temperatures if it is similar to coronaviruses from the same family, according to a medical expert from the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi

Heating:

Viruses are inactivated at temperatures between 60 °C and 65 °C, but more slowly than bacteria. However, as shown for poliovirus and hepatitis A, as temperatures increase above 70 °C (168F), a greater than 5 log inactivation (99.999% reduction) is achieved in less than 1 minute.

·
Registered
30,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks I threw my change in there and fucked up my microwave
LOL, sure. Should have put it in a cup of water and boiled it.

Put a light bulb in a cup of water and it will light up, flickers real good. Use a burned out bulb because a new one will be burned out if you do it for more than just a couple seconds.

·
Registered
30,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Microwaves work on moisture -- mist that money or better stick it in a damp MV container and blast it to steam it

Well nix freezing the CV19
The COVID-19 coronavirus could last up to two years at below freezing temperatures if it is similar to coronaviruses from the same family, according to a medical expert from the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi

Heating:

Viruses are inactivated at temperatures between 60 °C and 65 °C, but more slowly than bacteria. However, as shown for poliovirus and hepatitis A, as temperatures increase above 70 °C (168F), a greater than 5 log inactivation (99.999% reduction) is achieved in less than 1 minute.
The bills got plenty hot so they must have had enough moisture in them due to normal daily humidity, which has been fluctuating between 40~85 % in normal day~night cycles around here the last several weeks.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
104,205 Posts
:D

·
T/S 368E
27,831 Posts

Now that was frigging hilarious!!!!

·
Smart Ass Conservative
104,205 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts