Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tube chassis ladder bar car, 2550lbs, BBF approx 750-800hp, afco DA shocks, 1.80 glide, 4.30 gears. 32-14-15 MT slicks. Been chasing a poor 60 all year in this thing. Car runs 9.15-9.20 @ 150 in the quarter but will only 60ft a 1.32-1.39. This video is a 1.22, it will repeat that most if the day but then will randomly run a 1.35-1.37. This was with 8.75psi, been up and down from 6.5-9.5psi, I can get the shock settings I ended up with tonight.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess a wheelie bar is isn't out of the question, but I never considered it as it just barely pulls the tires off the ground.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks like it needs a stiff sidewall slick or just a new pair...you can see the wrinkle lines imprinted in the sidewall when its setting there. Also a little tighter on the rear shock extension setting will easy up on the sidewall some.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I guess a wheelie bar is isn't out of the question, but I never considered it as it just barely pulls the tires off the ground.
Point is not to keep from a wheel stand, just keep the rear tire from getting crushed so bad. Stiff sidewalls help too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do not have the spring specs in front of me, Dave Morgan had actually specd the afco stuff out and ordered it. I was wondering if a stiff wall might help, tires are new this year with about 75 passes on them.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Stiff sidewalls, more air and stiffer extension. Tires may be shot, sidewalls are really getting slammed. Might need a little more front transfer too. Is it tied down?

·
Former RJ instigator
42,474 Posts
Throwing that kind of power to a soft side wall they're done in 25 passes if not sooner, flip flopping them will get you a few more passes but ultimately you need stiff sidewalls or coin up for new slicks every few races.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, 1 more race left this year. No the front end isn't tied down. I'll flop them side to side again and try some more air and stiffen up the shocks some more. Definitely will try a stiff wall next season.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Volkswagen front tires belong on a Volkswagon not a Thunderbird.

Try some 28 inch tall front runners then check your pinion angle again.

Get the front of the car raised up with taller front tires, it will make it hook sooner.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do not have the spring specs in front of me, Dave Morgan had actually specd the afco stuff out and ordered it. I was wondering if a stiff wall might help, tires are new this year with about 75 passes on them.
post up when you grab those specs.. Ive seen quite a few cars just like your doing the same thing, turned out to be a shock/spring issue..
never know.. maybe we can fix you up with out spending a bunch of cash..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts