Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for ideas for launch rpms, or adjustments to make for better and more consistent sixty foot times. My current setup it a bickel chasis kit 2005 S10 with a sb2.2 motor. I have a 6800 rpm converter with a two speed glide and 4:56 gears. I haven't experimented too much with launch rpms, but I have with tire pressures. Right now I have a 5800 rpm chip in the two step becuase anything higher has caused the sixty foot to slow. The tires seem to like 8 1/2 pds best. Anything lower they wad up too much, anything higher it is very loose coming out of the hole. My best sixty has been a 1.16, but I have only backed it up once. Three weeks ago at Atco I was consistently 1.20-1.21, last week at cecil I was no better than 1.23. The truck has ran 8.48 @ 158.8 mph with a 1.19 sixty. I see much slower cars with better sixty foot times. I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of things could be done. Call me tomorrow and we can go over the set up. 800-327-9402 Clayton

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I am looking for ideas for launch rpms, or adjustments to make for better and more consistent sixty foot times. My current setup it a bickel chasis kit 2005 S10 with a sb2.2 motor. I have a 6800 rpm converter with a two speed glide and 4:56 gears. I haven't experimented too much with launch rpms, but I have with tire pressures. Right now I have a 5800 rpm chip in the two step becuase anything higher has caused the sixty foot to slow. The tires seem to like 8 1/2 pds best. Anything lower they wad up too much, anything higher it is very loose coming out of the hole. My best sixty has been a 1.16, but I have only backed it up once. Three weeks ago at Atco I was consistently 1.20-1.21, last week at cecil I was no better than 1.23. The truck has ran 8.48 @ 158.8 mph with a 1.19 sixty. I see much slower cars with better sixty foot times. I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks
What RPM does your motor make power to? I'm running my SB2 with 4.30 gear and 5500 stall converter which is a little tight but I'm 60' @1.10 last time out at MIR.My motor make power up to 7150 so I can't get away with a high stall converter, last time it wouldn't lock up with my first converter. I may be testing at Atco this weekend

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was initially told the motor would make power to 7800 rpm's based on the camshaft. However, my truck continued to pick up et and mph shifting it higher. The sweet spot seems to be 8400 rpms and therefore I would think the motor is making power up to around that point. My heads flow 420 cfms @.800 lift, but the cam is well below .800 lift so the heads aren't seeing the valve lift they are designed for. I eventually plan on upgrading valve springs and changing camshafts to better utilize the tunnel ram and good flowing heads. In the meantime, I feel as though my sixties should be better and more consistent. I went four rounds two weeks ago and got beat becuase my sixties were inconsistent. I ran within two hundredths of my dial all day and would have ran right on the dial if the sixty times were more consistent. You can get away with being a few hundredths off in the early rounds, but later in rounds there isnt room for that. From the 330' on my truck is consistent as hell. I was planning on running cecil this weekend weather permitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts