Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a car early this spring. Its a Fox Body Mustang. Has a 355 sbc in it. It weighs about 2700 lbs.

The guy that ran the car has the 2 step set at 3000 rpm when on the brake. Converter is around 4500 stall. It pulls the front wheels and i a consistent 1.4 60 ft with me driving. Are you ahead to raise the 2 step above the stall are let it alone.

Sorry for the stupid question but I am just getting started racing. I have made 8 passes in this car.

Thanks for your help

·
T/S 368E
31,289 Posts

I have always run quickest with a running start, so I would not leave on the converter.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You can set your 2-step anywhere you like to. And it has nothing to do with what someone else does. You need to find out what works for you and your car.

Now you can use the 2-step to change your reaction time. If you did an rpm recording you can see how much of a reaction you can make it change. This helps when you are not using a delay box as in bottom bulb racing.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what I thought. I was just wondering what most guys where doing. If they had it set above the converter or below

1 - 5 of 5 Posts