Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LRT Racing - sinister dark metallic blue skulls

Dave's Modular V/Covers, air tube and air box (not pictured- still drying!)

Have to seam the air tube...

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,106 Posts
COOLEST STUFF I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME CHOP.....AND I'VE SEEN YOUR OTHER THREADS AS WELL.....YOU'VE GOT THAT STUFF FIGURED OUT......I WISH YA THE BEST WITH IT!;)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much is it to get some valvecovers done like that? can you do other pics? thx
We can do wood grains, several different carbon fibers, skulls, $100 bills and most patterns in many colors including color matching..

Like these we just got finished for a customer. He sent the scoop from his car for color matching and his valve covers..
Turned out pretty darn nice!

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
NM.

Question answered.

Tom

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you need to start with to make a pattern?

I'm asking because every time you put up photos, they're skulls and carbon fiber. Are you limited in what you do or do all your customers drive hot rods with red wheels and choppers with iron crosses?

Not breaking your balls here, the work looks top notch. Just wondering about the lack of diversity.

Tom

Everybody wants the same thing... it seems. We are limited to what decoration we can apply. The films are ALL made in China and to get a custom pattern, I'd have to buy a shit ton of material and hope to use it up before humidity destroyed it. Just not cost effective.

If somebody wanted something truely one off, I have some tricks up my sleeve.... just need that trusting customer.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i have been looking at this for a while. got a question hope not to dumb. does gas eat at the coating if spilt on there? i know changing jets and stuff i always manage to spill some.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,049 Posts
We can do wood grains, several different carbon fibers, skulls, $100 bills and most patterns in many colors including color matching..

Like these we just got finished for a customer. He sent the scoop from his car for color matching and his valve covers..
Turned out pretty darn nice!

Hey, I recognize those covers. ;)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's the same type of clear used on the exterior of any new car. After fully cured, if you spill some gas on, it won't just curl up and fall off. (I run my Passat over at the pumps all the time LOL). It is fairly durable, but just like the fender of your car, you need to take care of the finish to make it last.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
The only thing that sucks is that so many people have already done it and I haven't. The only saving grace is that not very many people in my area are members on the bullet, so I haven't seen any here, but they are all over the bullet now. :(

·
Stuck in Lidsville
3,087 Posts
I see some of Ron's stuff there, he couldn't be more pleased.
It won't be long and he will have the whole freeking truck in Woodberry getting done........

Did the green carbon fiber golf cart get finished yet ? I can't wait to see that shit !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts