Yellow Bullet Forums banner

5641 - 5660 of 5660 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
So last night, a friend brought over a #12 lens and the welds now look like they should with the bad ones being due to me. It made me feel good that I was on the right path by drilling out the collet body, even though it wouldn't give the coverage for stainless.

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Nice! Need some pics though.

Well, yesterday was my last day working at work for the foreseeable future. Today was all working from home. I finally finished updating my computer to Windows 10, so that's out of the way. I usually have a good mix of sitting at my desk and being up and around, but working from home is all sitting. I hope I don't go crazy!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Nice! Need some pics though.

Well, yesterday was my last day working at work for the foreseeable future. Today was all working from home. I finally finished updating my computer to Windows 10, so that's out of the way. I usually have a good mix of sitting at my desk and being up and around, but working from home is all sitting. I hope I don't go crazy!
Tomorrow, I am going to attempt to make a merge collector and run some beads on something.

I am on week 2 of working from home and, I spend more time walking around the house than anything. Just to have some form of activity in my life.

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
I might need to set reminders to get up and walk around for a bit a few times a day. I like sitting, but it's not good to sit ALL day.

·
Registered
22,236 Posts
Howdy.....
all well here, still working......

·
Registered
22,236 Posts
Howdy.....
Saturday and still kickin'......

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
there you go, some practice runs with a lens. Amazing what gas coverage does. I still want to get to a colorless bead and get the stacking down.
View attachment 70265
Looks good to me! I'm not sure you'll ever get a colorless bead unless you build a purge box big enough for the whole damn part, and I think the color looks cool anyway. If you're dead-set on no color, make some chill bars and/or use aluminum foil or whatever you can to dam up the argon and hold it against the weld. But you probably knew all that already.

·
Registered
22,236 Posts
Howdy.....
Still fine here, got two days off in a row! See ya tomorrow.

5641 - 5660 of 5660 Posts