Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
30,513 Posts
I've wanted to have it done, but two coworkers had halos. One of them is back to wearing glasses again. He had contacts before the surgery, but now contacts bother him too much. I'm a bit nervous to do it.
my doctor told me its all in the machine, the newer better machines do the full cornea , the older machines only did the center and thats why some have halos..... i dont think it was a sales pitch by him but he said this is why your paying more than the other cheap places, we have better machines.

i had it done last april {2019} 4800.00 -3.25 script both eyes.... im glad i got it done, but i have floaters in both eyes, 1 eye worse than the other, i have always kinda played the floaters off as dirty contacts, but after getting lasik done i think they are more pronounced. 95% of the time i can ignore the floaters and its really nice having 20/20 with no glasses. happy i got it done

·
time to go racing yet ?
30,513 Posts
while i think lasik was a really good decision .... a vasectomy was the better decision .... consider your options carefully

·
8=======D ~~~~
2,878 Posts
I had LASIK surgery done in 2000
At 24 years old. To this day it is still the best money I have spent in anything.

I went for any exam last month and am still 20/20 in one and 20/15 in the other eye

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had PRK done 17 years ago. I chose PRK because we were concerned about the flaps becoming dislodged when pulling a parachute. The PRK was painful at first. It felt like getting a flash burn when welding. I started driving after 4 days, but really should have waited atleast a week. I had halos at night for 6 weeks or so. I went from 20-400 to 20-15 in both eyes. About 2 years ago I had to start wearing readers. I will go back and look into getting it done again, as it was money well spent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had Lasik done in 2018 and now see 20/15 in both eyes. I had of a lot of 'flap anxiety' and almost think PRK would've been better for me. All the military guys....get PRK or so I'm told.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Had it done 20 years ago...Still see great...Only thing I would change is I would have done it sooner.
Same here. Not quite 20 years but very satisified I had it done. I had too many people tell me it was one of the best deceisions they ever made, to not go for it.

·
Registered
12,988 Posts
I hate to be the the only one who has had a bad experience with lasik but. I went in to have both eyes done but after cutting up my good eye the Dr. said "that's all for today" I said, I'm here to have both eyes done and he then told me that when he made the slice on my lens, it shifted and made a very irregular cut. My vision came in to focus a few days later but my repair only lasted 5-6 years. I'm back to glasses again.

It was amazing to see clearly for a few years, just wish it would of lasted longer.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would love to have it done but everyone I know says they now have floaters and they are back to glasses after 10 years or so. But it's the best thing they have ever done ?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Wife had lasik done on 2003, her sight got worse over the years and she bought the lifetime warranty they offered and just had it fixed again last year for free. Eye Dr. said for me to wait until I'm on medicare as I am getting cataracts and it will be covered. He said that it would fix my vision with the right new lenses.

·
Idiot Savant
161,348 Posts
I had it done 25 years back. I was a t 13 diopters...-.625. Ended at 20/20 am now at 20/40.

I'll have to get cataracts removed in a couple of years, so it will go back to 20/20.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
They have a method now that enhances far/medium/close vision.... the surgery is pretty sound now. Two things to keep in mind... your vision 10-20 years down the road will not be a sharp as when you have it done, and "touch ups" enhancing the vision can only be done before your flap heals 100%... somewhere around two years it heals up 100%...they do not like to re open the window after that....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Is there any truth anymore to when your optometrist tells you that you are not a good candidate for laser eye surgery or is that him possibly protecting his pocketbook.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had mine done last February. (Mono vision) One eye sees up close the other at distance. I told the doctor I did not want to wear readers and this is what they do now. The nurse at work says my vision was better with glasses but I don't notice a difference. It sometimes takes an extra second to focus but other than that I love it. NO READERS!

·
time to go racing yet ?
30,513 Posts
Is there any truth anymore to when your optometrist tells you that you are not a good candidate for laser eye surgery or is that him possibly protecting his pocketbook.
i often wonder that also, 5-6 yrs ago i asked about it and the doc said no go.... asked last year and he said i was an excellent candidate .....

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
my doctor told me its all in the machine, the newer better machines do the full cornea , the older machines only did the center and thats why some have halos..... i dont think it was a sales pitch by him but he said this is why your paying more than the other cheap places, we have better machines.

i had it done last april {2019} 4800.00 -3.25 script both eyes.... im glad i got it done, but i have floaters in both eyes, 1 eye worse than the other, i have always kinda played the floaters off as dirty contacts, but after getting lasik done i think they are more pronounced. 95% of the time i can ignore the floaters and its really nice having 20/20 with no glasses. happy i got it done
Thanks for the input!
while i think lasik was a really good decision .... a vasectomy was the better decision .... consider your options carefully
I need that done as well!
I chose PRK because we were concerned about the flaps becoming dislodged when pulling a parachute.
Do you use parachutes vertically or horizontally? I have deployed them both ways. I've had much harder openings in freefall.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,993 Posts
Both my father and step mother had it done about 5 years ago, so good so far, I'm thinking about getting it done myself but I'm too chicken shit right now.

·
Busy being a cunt
28,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Both my father and step mother had it done about 5 years ago, so good so far, I'm thinking about getting it done myself but I'm too chicken shit right now.
^^^^^ Chicken Shit 😛

Thank you everyone very much for the feedback, It's much appreciated 😎

21 - 40 of 42 Posts