Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Busy being a cunt
28,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did it work out for you and was it worth it? If you had your time over what would you do differently?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Had it done three years ago, best investment I've ever done to myself. Method was Lasik. I was at -5 for forty years and got rid of glasses completely.

·
Registered
14,395 Posts
wife had it done about 25 years ago . went from wearing glasses all the time to not needing them at all. Now that she is getting older she uses the drug store glasses to read. 99% sure she had Lasik.

·
Dashcam Superstar
2,630 Posts
I had LASIK done about 12 years ago. I still have 20/20 vision and wish I'd done it sooner. My last eye exam before the procedure the lady asked if I drove myself there without glasses. When I said yes, she told me I shouldn't have, lol.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I had lasik about 22 years ago. Absolutely love it.

I recently had to start wearing readers to see up close....but my distance is still great.

·
Registered
19,352 Posts
Sometimes I wished I had it done, but back then the process was kind of
limited in how large your pupils were-they said I might see halos, and would
need glasses to see up close. Prob wearing glasses has actually saved my eye sight, lol.
73 now, and actually my far vision has improved, nature doing it on her own, lol.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I had Lasik done in 2006 at 54 years old, in order to correct the astigmatism I had since I was 13 years old. I had worn contact lens all those years, but with time my eyes had began to dry to the point that wearing contact lens was very uncomfortable. Without the contact lens, I would be forced to wear the very thick lensed glasses ("coke bottle") lol....The Lasik surgery was the best health decision I have ever made in my life. I wish I had it done before.

·
Beyond old
3,436 Posts
I'm up for the lens replacement, in both eyes.
At 81, I've about worn out the "OEM" parts!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I've wanted to have it done, but two coworkers had halos. One of them is back to wearing glasses again. He had contacts before the surgery, but now contacts bother him too much. I'm a bit nervous to do it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Had Lasik done I think in 1997 when it was first available in th U.S. 20-19 vision. Can still see a fly 20’ away. But my near sight sucks now and pretty sure the doctor said it makes near sight vision worse.
they video’d mine and if had somehow watched it before hand I probably would not had it done. Lol

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
5,473 Posts
Back when the wife and I had it done 20 years ago there were three different companies making the equipment for doing the eye surgery. One of the brands of equipment had a much higher success rate than the other two. I don't remember right now which company had the better equipment but that is the important thing to consider when having this done.
You don't want somebody doing your eyes with old equipment, just think, they are always coming out with better stuff, that equipment is very expensive and you don't just scrap it and buy the latest and greatest every time a new model comes out.
Back when we had it done my brother had access to this data so we shopped by who had the right equipment and procedure, not by price.
IDK what the best equipment today but I'd look at that first.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
20 years ago 2010 vision ever since but I do need readers now that I’m 60 My daughter had it done it lasted five or six years that she needs a slightly correct of lenses but she had a pretty bad stigmatism

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Had Lasik done 17yrs ago had real shitty eye sight. It gave me 20/20 vision for 6yrs then the started to regress. Went back in had the more intense version done PRK treatment, rather than your eyes feeling back to normal in couple days with Lasik, PRK route to my eyes 2 months to heal. But it's been over 11yrs now still with 20/20 vision with no fucking pain in the ass glasses. Both treatments were well worth it!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Had full laser done in both eyes about 8 years ago. Absolutely would not hesitate to do it again. Best decision of my life so far.

Edit: very farsighted. I wore - 4.75 contacts. I do have some halo-ing, but I did before with contacts as well. My wife and I both had the full laser deal. It was $2500/eye.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts