Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a work laptop that I bring home everyday. My kids and my nephew use it at night and obviously I use it to get on YB. Now my work wants to take the laptop back for someone to travel with and give me a desk top at work.

HOW CAN I DELETE ALL HISTORY ON THIS LAPTOP?
I have used CCleaner but is this enough?

Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Pull the hard drive and put it in the microwave.:rolleyes:

Create a guest user account and conveniently forget your password for yours.

I dont think you can completely remove the cashed history,,but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The only thing I can think of is getting 'Webroot's Window Washer which will erase all Internet tracks. Good luck on the cleanup.;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Internet Explorer just go to Tools.. Internet Options, then click Delete under the Browsing History section. This is assuming you are running IE8. When the Delete options come up, check all the boxes then click Delete. If you use other browsers like Firefox or Chrome there are similar options to delete the history. I know this will not completely remove all traces of browser history from the disk. Chances are that your IT guys are not going to take the time to run file recovery tools on your laptop before they redeploy it to someone else. Nothing short of a complete low level format and overwrite of all sectors will do that. Even after that, amazing recovery things can be done.

·
Registered
877 Posts
as mentiond above just delete all of the history go into your my docs folder and delete all files in there then go to my pics and my vids and delete what is in there. I work in IT trust me unless they are trying to find something on you they will reformat it and give it a clean copy of XP or what ever operating system they are using. Just check those folders I told you about. If they are redeploying they probably won't even look at it.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
If you are that worried. Save any work programs & anything you need to a CD or USB drive. Then go have it reformatted & reinstall any company software. May cost ya like $100. But you can guarantee nothing will be on there. IF the boss asks why, just tell him it crashed & you thought it may have been your fault.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your suggestions. Well except yours "Mod" but I have to admit I had thought about that. ; )

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Thanks for all your suggestions. Well except yours "Mod" but I have to admit I had thought about that. ; )

lol,,my work is done here,,literally. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts