Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to watch a friend race today at Lapeer and there were only 3 cars entered into money class. My buddy turned around and left never entered. Not looking good for the small track. Are other small tracks suffering this bad also? I know Lapeer is not that nice but only 3 wow. How long can a track stay open with this few cars.

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,708 Posts
Milan had a pretty Good Turn out today In Pro and Super Pro. Bikes and Street Looked to have a Okay Car Count. Come out to Milan :)

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Does Lapeer still have guard rails? Maybe what happened at Thompson is on peoples minds.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
and the last time I was there they charged as much to race there as the bigger tracks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live 5 miles away and still drive an hour to Ubly, that starting line sucks and the dirt pits are ridiculous...... I did drive my car there last weekend, laid down a 10.59 and drove away, there were about 10 cars there and they were mostly street rides........ If you don't put any money in it, it's not expensive to operate other than insurance........the owner runs the tower and the kid runs the line, not real friendly either

Hes had offers to sell it, told a very wealthy friend of mine who he didn't know from Adam.... "you see that giant house next to the track, that guy wanted to buy the track, and I told him he didn't have enough money, and you can't afford it either! " the guy he said this to has the means to purchase that place probably in his gun safe.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's a great place for me to test, my car actually works well there.

·
Registered
13,268 Posts
I would have raced. Guaranteed 4th place. :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
I didn't see this thread the first time it was around. I haven't raced at Lapeer in 16+ years as I moved to Indiana in '96. But used to be there every weekend that I didn't want to make the haul from Flint to Stanton(Central Mich. dragway/Mid-Michigan Motorplex). There used to be a decent turn out, but attitudes from track personal from top to bottom definitely didn't help. Not to mention the obvious favoritism towards certain racers. At the time, with no ET boards to check I personally witnessed Ed entering the wrong et for a racer when paired up against his favorite "Hillbilly". Its funny that when the "track champs" went to the ET finals, or even a Super Chevy meet, they couldn't win a single round(this happened several years). I am surprised it is still open, but wouldn't consider it more then a test & tune facility...............

My experiences were during the time of hand written time slips...........

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like Lapeer layed backandcan get as much testing you need/want.
LOL if you can get to hook at Lapeer your car will hook at any track.
Kind of remind's me of Detroit Dragway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A little better than Motor City and not quite as good as Detroit.
If they would move the Et booth to the return road that would be a big improvement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts