Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've always said that I've got more ambition than brains, so -after a few small successes (and many, MANY failures) - I'm going to build a bike to chase the AMA 3000-A-AF record, set by Tom Elrod back in 1977 at 188.006mph. In all honestly, for me, it's more about building this monstrosity than anything else, so just getting the bike to The Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials and running up and down the Salt will be a check in the Success Column for me.

I'll be starting with a pair of Yamaha FJ1200's, the biggest reason for choosing them is that I was able to find TWO of them, and they were both cheap
Tire Motorcycle Automotive design Automotive tire Auto part

I'll be building a complete frame/chassis - using as many stock components as possible (with a few upgrades were needed) - and I'll fabricate the pieces needed to couple the two motors together at the transmission output shafts as I think they've worked themselves out in my head.
:?

I have built & run a dual-engine bike at BMST for 2018 & 2019, so while this isn't my first rodeo, I am still learning new things & new approaches to old ideas every day. I'm also video-documenting the entire build on my YouTube channel

Thanks,

-Fran

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that I've put some miles on the Prototype, here's my newest video that explains the direction I'll be going with the actual frame for the race bike.

No CAD needed, just good ol' pencil and paper! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts