Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
49,067 Posts

Mike Kalinowski driver
LOL!

Mike makin' the big bucks now. He can afford fancy lettering. :p

The place looks kinda dead. What was the turnout like?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Low turnout. I think Saturday was better. Based on a car show along with the drags. Dave told me that Fred was there as well. I can only dream if he and Jim were younger what they would be doing in pro mod. Kickin some ass!!!

·
Super Moderator
49,067 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I overheard they were having problems with some bumps at the top end. Cars seemed to be loose.

·
Super Moderator
49,067 Posts
I overheard they were having problems with some bumps at the top end. Cars seemed to be loose.
I haven't heard that and I haven't been down it.

But I had recently heard that Packman killed off the long running Niagara Swap Meet. 1 and done.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Boy it would be nice to have a 1/8 track between buffalo and Rochester and forget Lancaster

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
The bump in the left lane, probably 100ft out, was killing traction for a lot of cars. Not all, but was hell on the short wheel base guys. Turn out was ok...Got tons of pics. Not sure how to post them anymore since they want money for my photosucket account.

·
Super Moderator
49,067 Posts
Boy it would be nice to have a 1/8 track between buffalo and Rochester and forget Lancaster
Empire will run 1/8 and it's almost exactly in the middle of Buffalo and Rochester.

The problem with Lancaster is they need someone that knows what they're doing, not one that wrote a good resume. Reger somehow finds all the losers.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The bump in the left lane, probably 100ft out, was killing traction for a lot of cars. Not all, but was hell on the short wheel base guys. Turn out was ok...Got tons of pics. Not sure how to post them anymore since they want money for my photosucket account.
Smugbug

·
Super Moderator
49,067 Posts
I remember not too long ago when this event was known as "The largest gathering of Gassers in the country".

It sucks to see what it's like today.

A lot of history cars and their owners and/or builders would show up. I met Barb Hamilton and got to know Ohio George at this event among others.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So what happened then? Why doesnt the crew with JR, Caged Heat run that stuff at Empire then.

·
Super Moderator
49,067 Posts
So what happened then? Why doesnt the crew with JR, Caged Heat run that stuff at Empire then.
Oh you know.....

The usual all around politics I guess. ;)

·
Super Moderator
49,067 Posts
From what I understand, Jimmy didn't get an invite and there was no talk about the group getting paid, comp'd, whatever, so because of that no one was going to show up.

I wasn't there but from what I did see, it's good to see that some of the guys did show up just to have a good time regardless.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts