Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ole' lady wanted lamb, so I did lamb. And it was excellent.

Lamb is a little outside my wheelhouse, but I've messed with it before. Maybe 5 years ago?

Anyway, I picked up a leg of lamb, and cubed it up. Marinated in Olive oil, lemon juice, S&P, garlic, oregano, and cumin.

Also made a pesto sauce which was mostly traditional with the smallest pinch of Cayenne (not enough to be spicy).

Grilled

Delicous

It was a lot of fun to cook, so I think I'm going to try some more lamb dishes.

·
Registered
54,910 Posts
Looks great in the picture. But I would never put pesto on lamb, its not a complementary flavor to the meat.

I like to keep lamb simple due to the large flavor natural to the meat. Olive oil, salt and pepper is usually good enough. But some rosemary often works too.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great in the picture. But I would never put pesto on lamb, its not a complementary flavor to the meat.

I like to keep lamb simple due to the large flavor natural to the meat. Olive oil, salt and pepper is usually good enough. But some rosemary often works too.
I think you would disagree if you were at the table, but fair enough.

·
Registered
9,242 Posts

We have some English friends and she cooks lots of lamb,,to me ,,a little too gamy and the rosemary is too strong. JMO

·
A Senior Member
3,042 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts

I was thinking the same thing.. but I've never tried it, so I cant knock it.

Regardless, they look amazing!

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
we have something similar in philly, never called it a "spiedie" I just called it a lamb po boy lol.

·
A Senior Member
3,042 Posts
we have something similar in philly, never called it a "spiedie" I just called it a lamb po boy lol.
The lamb ones are getting harder to find, most places sell chicken now and pork comes in second. A local bar still serves them on a plate with the stainless skewer and a slice of Italian bread. Most places serve them in a sub/hoagie roll with extras like cheese, peppers, onions, lettuce, tomato, ranch dressing. I will take mine plain.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have some English friends and she cooks lots of lamb,,to me ,,a little too gamy and the rosemary is too strong. JMO
You don't get too much gaminess with the leg if you take the time to trim all the fat, silverskin, etc.

I think a lot of us are so used to commercial, mass-produced meat that we've forget what animals actually taste like. I'm certainly guilty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts