Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked on summit says not available....jegs doesn't list it...do they still make em? Are they extinct? What's the deal?
Bell for a tko500/600 with a 302 in a fox body

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Do your self a big favor and spend the extra coin for a Quick Time and be done

Checked on summit says not available....jegs doesn't list it...do they still make em? Are they extinct? What's the deal?
Bell for a tko500/600 with a 302 in a fox body

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there's a big difference in the two....the better being the QT...was just wondering if the lakewoods were still available or not?

·
Wannabe Racer
6,486 Posts
I just received a Lakewood 15100, it took about a month through Summit. The QuickTime is a good choice unless you have an adjustable clutch and then it gets pretty tight and is not really a good choice.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i've been told Lakewoods where no longer being made......another company bought them out
I figured something has happened....the tko bell for mustang is probably the biggest seller from jegs/summit so if its unavailable from them I guess it's obsolete.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I just received a Lakewood 15100, it took about a month through Summit. The QuickTime is a good choice unless you have an adjustable clutch and then it gets pretty tight and is not really a good choice.
Another option is the gold mcleod bellhousing. That will have extra room for the adjustable clutch like the lakewood does.

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
Lakewood and Quicktime are owned by Prestolite Peformance Group. Get a Quicktime and save yourself the headaches later.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I have a Mcleod....Get a quicktime.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Staged races in our Pro Stick group and Wow on bringing up an old thread!! I’m not sure if he frequents this site much these days. I believe he’s currently running a G force GF5R trans. If you want after the Thanksgiving Holiday I’ll shoot him a text to check out this thread if he still has that Lakewood bell. With today’s shipping costs though even if he still has it it’d probably be better going with a large parts place that offers free shipping unless your local.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Wow on the EBay listing posted above!! I have that same bell to put a top loader in a Foxbody along with everything thing else. ProMotion fork, Hurst in-line Shifter. Looks like they’re growing in value!!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Cool, I didn’t realize that Lakewood stopped production on them. I have the same setup in the shop that I figured I’d go to for street miles when I get tired of losing at the Pro Stick races n put the car back to street worthy. Which might not be too long. Lol

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Mcleod has a new SBF bell that is aluminum with a Titanium liner that also has a window in it which looks pretty sweet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts