Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a back half car. I just changed my standard Ladder Bars to Double Adjustable ones.

Installed them today.

Ran into a sitaution. The drivers side on the car sits 2inch lower then the passenger side. Now we didnt touch the coilovers so it should have sat the same once the wheels went back on.

When I rejacked the car up in the air the driver side wheel goes up and the passenger one stays on the ground. Now I only jacked the car up like an inch.

So I was thinking maybe the drivers side ladder bar is adjusted too tight pulling the rear in more?

What u guys think?

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. I tried to set up the ladder bars joints like the standard ones.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I had a similar broblem after i added adjusters to my ladder bars and new front springs..and what i did not sure if it was the correct way as i dont have scales but it seen to work car sits level and leaves straight..

I left the nuts on the adjusters lose put the car on the level ground and one side adjuster was free and i turn the other adjuster till the car started to level out and then both adjusters were free i could turn by hand..

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
i went through the preload issue and added 3/4 inch of preload as everyone says and it made thinga all sorts of out of wack. fixed shocks to make level again and had issues. had a old drag racer tell me a simple way to set ladder bars. he said take a jack and jack up on rear end in center until both tires are 1" off the ground. if one tire is higher than other adj preload untill even. i did this but did it with driver wieght in seat. and worked perfect . some may say different and every car is different. but it may get you to a good starting point

·
Registered
570 Posts
raise the car and let it hang by the shocks.

remove one of the lower shock bolts.

use either ladder bar adjuster and raise or lower the housing so that the bolt slides back in easily.

rescale the vehicle or test and tune carefully.

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
raise the car and let it hang by the shocks.

remove one of the lower shock bolts.

use either ladder bar adjuster and raise or lower the housing so that the bolt slides back in easily.

rescale the vehicle or test and tune carefully.
Thank you!

·
Registered
893 Posts
get the preload out,lay a short pipe on your floor jack and lift the frontend in the center 1"off the LEVEL floor,the pipe will let it roll side to side easy.adjust the r/r ladder bar,or preload it.when the L/F wheel touches the floor your done.done mine without me in it and it works good.1.22 60':D

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got my ladders bar situation taken care of. Had the whole rear section adjusted. Good to go now.

·
Security jus sayin crew
50,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took everything back apart. Made sure the adjustable is equal length. Had a level to make sure everything was even. I also changed the dia. link. the one that was on the car is about an inch too short. Also put the ladder cars in the upper hole on the cross member when it should have been in the middle. SO call it user error. But the ladder bars are straight and good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts