Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here lately I've seen a couple of threads on ladder bars and got me to thinking about putting them in my car. My car is a 64 Comet with a big block, 9", 28/10.5 tires, and a C4. I have a stiff leaf spring in it now and I'm thinking it's not going to work very well. I think a ladder bar set up will be cheaper than a complete cal trac setup. I'd do a four link but it's probably more than I could handle as far as fab work. I don't race any class that has to have a factory suspension, so what would be the best choice.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I read that thread and that's what got me thinking. Would a ladder bar and coil overs be just as good or better than leaf springs though? I know there are way quicker cars than mine will ever be on leafs, I'm just not really sure what I need to do.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with ladder bars, tried and true for many years, there simple and they work well, SS stuff is very popular right now and it works great if you spend the $$ on the right parts, your just asking for an opinion in the stock suspension section on ladder bars and it may tend to lean one way, hit up the other suspension section and see what kind of response you get. I like both myself, you just need to figure out how much time and $$ you want to put in your project and future goals with it. JMO

·
Registered
20,824 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing at all wrong with ladder bars, tried and true for many years, there simple and they work well, SS stuff is very popular right now and it works great if you spend the $$ on the right parts, your just asking for an opinion in the stock suspension section on ladder bars and it may tend to lean one way, hit up the other suspension section and see what kind of response you get. I like both myself, you just need to figure out how much time and $$ you want to put in your project and future goals with it. JMO

thanks and your right I should have asked this in the other suspension section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts