Decent sbc
300 shot on a plate
Maximizer 4
4.10 gear
1.64 planets
Leaving at 4K on the brake
Viking doubles

this pass was leaving at 20% and ramping 1.2. 15psi in the tires
Front full soft on ext and 15 from full soft on comp.
rear 5 from full soft
I have 19 clicks

this pass I gave it more power to see if that’s what it wanted.

left at 80% and 1 sec ramp
Tighten front ext 2 clicks

decent track but not super sticky. Do I need to slow down the rear separation? Hit it harder? Is the front to soft also? It felt like it wanted to hook with more power. It also broke my stock case glide on the last pass

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You won’t dead hook with street tires. Get some real race tires on it. Plus the weight bias on a truck is not the best. I watched your videos and the car is way too tight. Loosen the front up. Check your bar angle and make sure the ladder bar has a down angle in the front when you compare to the bottom of the frame or rocker panel. I suspect the bars are angled up the way it is acting. Start with the shocks on a loose setting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won’t dead hook with street tires. Get some real race tires on it. Plus the weight bias on a truck is not the best. I watched your videos and the car is way too tight. Loosen the front up. Check your bar angle and make sure the ladder bar has a down angle in the front when you compare to the bottom of the frame or rocker panel. I suspect the bars are angled up the way it is acting. Start with the shocks on a loose setting
I have to run the 275 pros in the street class I run. The ladder bars are pointed up 2-3*. I was trying to get the rear to separate. Which it does pretty well.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I'd be trying more air pressure, like 18/19 lbs to start. Looks like it's trying to hook up, can't see the vids to well on my phone. Where is the rear compression at? If you are getting out even a foot or two and then spinning, tighten the rear compression, could probably even go full tight. Something else I did was jack the car up with the GoPro running to get a reference where the rear shocks are at full extension. If it's topping out the shocks at the hit, you'll chase your tail. Hopefully you have at least 3 1/2", 4" minimum extension?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be trying more air pressure, like 18/19 lbs to start. Looks like it's trying to hook up, can't see the vids to well on my phone. Where is the rear compression at? If you are getting out even a foot or two and then spinning, tighten the rear compression, could probably even go full tight. Something else I did was jack the car up with the GoPro running to get a reference where the rear shocks are at full extension. If it's topping out the shocks at the hit, you'll chase your tail. Hopefully you have at least 3 1/2", 4" minimum extension?
the rear compression is 4 clicks from full tight. I have about 3 1/2” of shock extension in the rear.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
How much front end travel? Being full loose in front and hitting the end of the travel sucks too. I'm assuming those are Crusader shocks? And what is the front/ rear bias? I know the trucks can be pretty light in the rear as mentioned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much front end travel? Being full loose in front and hitting the end of the travel sucks too. I'm assuming those are Crusader shocks? And what is the front/ rear bias? I know the trucks can be pretty light in the rear as mentioned.
I have 6” of front end travel. Yes crusader shocks. I am 58/42 weight bias front/rear

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I feel like you need to slow the front extension down, something like 10 or 12 from full soft. I have those same shocks and mine are 12 from soft on the compression and never mess with that, and run 12 to 16 on extension. Not that our cars are the same but may be a good starting point. Definately put 18 lbs in the tires to start too. I was lucky to get mine dialed in on good prep, and now that I have a good baseline, I can usually just loosen up the extention front and back a few clicks on a shitier track and make it work. Not sure how much that weight weight bias is hurting, may see if some weight near the bumper helps,
Always a good idea to plot out the AS too just too see what you have to work with, may have another hole available that works better.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have to run the 275 pros in the street class I run. The ladder bars are pointed up 2-3*. I was trying to get the rear to separate. Which it does pretty well.
Well there is your problem. The ladder bars can not be pointed up. It just won’t work like that. I have been running a ladder bar car for many years. Try readjusting the suspension it will help it for sure.

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
Not meaning to be disagreeable with sscamaro but I’m disagreeing with sscamaro lol
The car will work with the ladder bars pointed up on a Radial. I tried it the end of last year and it definitely works, let me go find the thread I posted about it in along with under car videos.

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
Here’s the thread, I’m trying to get back to the track right now to update my post.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Not meaning to be disagreeable with sscamaro but I’m disagreeing with sscamaro lol
The car will work with the ladder bars pointed up on a Radial. I tried it the end of last year and it definitely works, let me go find the thread I posted about it in along with under car videos.
My car runs radials. I can tell you mine won’t work with the bars pointed up. His won’t either. Did you look at the videos he posted. That thing doesn’t even try to plant the tire. No shock adjustment is going to fix the way his car is acting. Mine was similar when I tried the upward angle. My car dead hooks set that way.

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
I know a lot of other guys that run ladder bars with them pointed up and radials that work great, not sure why your having a problem. Instant center is instant center, suspensions are dumb, they don’t know if they are ladder bar, 4 link or leaf spring for that matter. I’ll be back at the track shortly with the car I posted in the other thread and if we don’t go a 1.0 something to the sixty we will be very close.

Reactions: sloluv

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you zoom in on the first under car vid. It does wad the tire for a short second then unloads. It seemed to hook better on the second pass when I hit it with more power. It picked the front tires up. The front seems way to loose to me...it pops right up and tops out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My car runs radials. I can tell you mine won’t work with the bars pointed up. His won’t either. Did you look at the videos he posted. That thing doesn’t even try to plant the tire. No shock adjustment is going to fix the way his car is acting. Mine was similar when I tried the upward angle. My car dead hooks set that way.
Does your separate? What is your anti squat %?

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
If you read the last line of sscamaro’s reply to me it’s very telling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well there is your problem. The ladder bars can not be pointed up. It just won’t work like that. I have been running a ladder bar car for many years. Try readjusting the suspension it will help it for sure.
Here is a few videos with the ladder bars pointed down 1*. I moved it up to get some separation. These videos I did have a 5500 converter in it also.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts