Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is some video of my car.

I need to know where to start to get the front wheels down. not to sure i like these wheelies. especially since i smacked the wall already once.

anyways comments please.

This was the last best run before smacking the wall.

We added some timing to the mid range ( just happens to be where the stall is at on launch) and made allot more power and it launched hard. the right wheelie bar unloaded the rear end and i turned right into the wall. <

besides evening out the wheelie bars is there anything else i can do ( were do i start) to keep the front down???? Its a ladder bar setup and the front of the bars are in the middle holes

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Move some weight forward and low, Lower the front end, drop the rear as much as possible, stiffen the extension on the front end.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much weight would you recommend? I really have everything in the front of the car. only thing in the cockpit is the nitrous bottle everything else has to stay where it is.

the front end is really low and literally only has about 1.5 inch up travel in the struts before it lifts the tires off the ground.

Would moving the ladder bars up to the top hole to too extreme of an adjustment?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
moving them up will make it worse.
put 50lbs as far forward as possible and tighten the front struts all the way.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So going to the lower holes will help????

WOW 50 lbs i will try that

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
other ideas are heavier front springs, more pressure in the tires, and stiffer rear springs

·
Read Only
0 Posts
50lbs is a pretty good bit of lead, but that car is really throwing the front end up hard.
Lowering the I/C will cause the car to hit the tires softer. The camera is too shaky to really see whats happening.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Fontaine is right. The lower the bar is mounted, the softer it will hit the tire.

Kyle
Right. I understand that. But won't it want to wheelie MORE due to the IC being further out? Assuming traction is there of course....

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
The instant center never changes with a Ladder Bar. It is the front mounting point always.

I have seen some cars carry the front more when the bar is lowered but it was usually because they were hitting the tire to hard with it in the higher holes

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The instant center never changes with a Ladder Bar. It is the front mounting point always.
This is true/false.

The front bolt can be moved up or down, thus changing the IC height. So yes ladderbar cars can adjust the IC higher or lower. They can not adjust the IC length. Kind of the same as changing ride height on a 4link.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
This is true/false.

The front bolt can be moved up or down, thus changing the IC height. So yes ladderbar cars can adjust the IC higher or lower. They can not adjust the IC length. Kind of the same as changing ride height on a 4link.
IC Length was what I meant :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I said IC but was talking more about PR point. My car must be some kinda freak because the higher up I move the ladder bar the more separation I get and less wheelie. It'll just pop the front end up about 6-8" for about 10' and barely even get on the wheelie bar. That was even with a big 16" slick. I moved down 2 holes and went to a 10.5w tire and then it would get up and ride the wheelie bars for 30-40' easy. WTF?

Craig

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I said IC but was talking more about PR point. My car must be some kinda freak because the higher up I move the ladder bar the more separation I get and less wheelie. It'll just pop the front end up about 6-8" for about 10' and barely even get on the wheelie bar. That was even with a big 16" slick. I moved down 2 holes and went to a 10.5w tire and then it would get up and ride the wheelie bars for 30-40' easy. WTF?

Craig
Ever video the tire with the bar up in the top holes?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts