Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:)Which is a better setup for a Bracket car Ladder Bar or 4 Link? I am running a 521 BBF backed by a Glide and 9" with 456 gears in a 84 Hatchback. NO NO2. going to try and use a 29x10.5 tire. Any and all info greatly appreciated.:smt110

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
4 link will alway give more adjustment, so with that said it's four link all the way. Ladder bars work well and if your not used to adjusting a four link then it would be a good choice.

·
Registered
414 Posts
A point to consider, because a race car is equipped with a four bar rear suspension does not automatically mean it will go down any track without issue, regardless of the conditions. That is not the case.

Since a four link offers MANY adjustment options it also requires that the adjustments be made properly for your combination. In the hands of an experienced builder or racer a four link is a valid option.

However, a ladder bar is also a very valid option for many combinations. For many racers a ladder bar systems is the best option. The system is easy to dial in per your race cars needs and after a few test outings to adjust the shocks it will most likely not need any attention for a full season.

Adjustable shocks front and rear are key for either system.

Also, ladders bar systems work their way to the final round win regularly. They provide consistent, problem free performance.

Larry Woodfin

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:DThanks guy's I think that I will stick with the Ladder Bar set up. :DThanks To all who had input it was very helpfull.

Dan

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car isn't backhalfed? I still have all the provisions for the stock suspension but want to get rid of all the old stuff make it more relieable and consistant. But for cost I am going to use Ladder Bars for now.

Thanks Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts