Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering has anyone else had this problem?? Last year,I had adjusters installed in the bottom bar of my ladder bars. twice now I've bent the adjuster towards the center of the car. the car has been corner weight and additional 23lbs adjusted to equal the rear weights on the car with the driver in the car. car wt 3270 had 53% 47% weight bias on the front. I've made no changes to the car and have run this set up for the last 2 years. now bending adjusters. any thoughts anyone.???? :smt100

·
Registered
120 Posts
ladder bar problems

I HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE THE FRONT CROSS MEMBER IS MOVING PUT 2 STRUTS FROM THE FRONT OF THE LADDER BAR TO GO AT A 45 TO THE FRAME THE STRUT SHOULD CONNECT TO THE FRONT I LET THAT IS BOXED IN

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I put the adjusters on the top bar for 2 reasons. That bar pulls on the adjuster so they won't bend and the rearend stays square no matter how you adjust the preload and pinion angle cause the bottom bar doesn't move. With the bottom bar adjustable you got both those issues possible. RM

·
Registered
729 Posts
On another issue, adjusting to achieve equal rear loading statically is a waste of time, since, as you launch, the driveshaft torque tends to unload the right rear. What is needed is equal loading during launch. A convenient adjustment tool is a traction dyno. See Pages 4, 5, and 6 of my site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts