Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have misplaced my build sheet from last year.

I need to know the torque spec on L 19 rod bolts for my BBC. They are a 1/2" Head.

I did a search, here and on ARP's site and can't find anything
Thanks,
Pat

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
80 lbs sounds familar. I can't even find the paper that came with the bolts. I ususally keep all of this stuff in my car book.
I know it was quite a bit higher than the 2000 series bolts

·
Master Fabricator
1,780 Posts
Why not stretch them?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
i thought i remembered somewhere not to wash them in a parts washer....also not to contaminate any way. dont know for sure but read somewhere these bolts need special attention....i use them,but didnt assemble my engine

·
Master Fabricator
1,780 Posts
i thought i remembered somewhere not to wash them in a parts washer....also not to contaminate any way. dont know for sure but read somewhere these bolts need special attention....i use them,but didnt assemble my engine
You are correct. No parts washer, brake cleaner, nothing. Just wipe them with a rag to clean and do not touch with fingers.

I almost put mine through the parts washer when I got them. Good thing I called Callies.

·
RED ROCKET
8,629 Posts
You are correct. No parts washer, brake cleaner, nothing. Just wipe them with a rag to clean and do not touch with fingers.

I almost put mine through the parts washer when I got them. Good thing I called Callies.

i have always used my fingers on the L19 bolts..been using L19's for over 10 years..never had a bolt failure.everyone says it but i dont believe it...if my fingers can cause a bolt failure i need to use a different bolt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts