Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going to the Knoxville Dirt Track Nationals this year. I have never been, I live in MN so it would be a little drive but not bad. Anybody here go? Is it worth going to? Thanks, Troy

·
FUCKING ASSHOLE SINCE '61
7,351 Posts
Like I stated in the thread, "What would you do if you didn't drag race",

These things are Fuel Altereds that turn left!!!!

They go around the STICKY Knoxville track flinging mud and THEY DON'T LIFT!!!!

WELL worth the time and effort!!!

Your Pal, Gary

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Been a few years since Ive went.If Dingus' Lounge is still across the street from the track= good time+COLD beer.Be sure and take in the Museum as well.Friday night to me was the best racing.Be sure and have a PorkChop sandwich,corn on the cob and some chicken bites.It was on my bucke t list and Ive gone 12 different times.

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
I am thinking about going to the Knoxville Dirt Track Nationals this year. I have never been, I live in MN so it would be a little drive but not bad. Anybody here go? Is it worth going to? Thanks, Troy
I was born and raised in the next small town 20 min's north of the track, it is a big event/bussiness arond there..

Worth it ?..oh yeah. Whats not to like about 1200 lb, 900hp injected alcohol race cars pulling wheel stands at 130 plus mph out of turn 4 down the back stretch..;);):p

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'd like to see it sometime..been to about everywhere from Volusia to Eldora but never made it that far west.
I'm friends with Tim Shaffer who is a previous winner,maybe I can hitch a ride in his truck,lol.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We have people from our area that have gone most years since the mid 80s and they look forward to it all summer. I have only heard positive comments from them every year after they return from the Nationals.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replys. I love watching sprint car racing, esp the 410's. Once a year our local track turns into a dirt track and its the only time I get to see them. But I am sure there is 1/10th of the cars that are at knoxville. Now I just have to convince my pa to go.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
^^^^^^^^^

Add me to the list telling you to go - wish I could join you. I've been several times, it's some of the best racing I have ever seen.

Plan to be there for the qualifying races as well as the main event as some of the wildest racing comes in the qualifying heat races.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I feel like a schmuck. I've lived in Iowa nearly all my life and I've never been there. Looks like I need to plan a road trip.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.