Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to figure out what i broke in my th350 today before i go to tranny shop, made a pass and about 500 feet after i let off it sounded like a rod knocking in the motor, so i turned car off and coaster around the corner, started car and it sounded like a rod knocking in motor, and started to smell tranny fluid,so i pull out the converter bolts and start car and it sounds fine, th350 with t brake, rmvb, pump or maybe broke converter? i know some of the details on the tranny but not much..

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the converter hub inside the converter? Everything looks fine by looking at it (flexplate/converter)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sometimes the weld around the hub will crack, sometimes the hub where it mates the drive lugs in the pump.. If the trans is still in the car you may not see the cracks on the flywheel or converter. Look for cracks around the crank on the flexplate...

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's out. broken flexplate was my first thought but it looks fine. converter is new and looks fine also, I figure its something broke in converter (rated for more power than im using)or maybe tranny pump, do pumps pull right out when unbolted? Thanks for replys..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Normally the pump will not just pull out, they have pullers or you can thread 2 3/8 bolts into the pump body, if you look closely you will see2 holes that are threaded opposite each other and screw in the 3/8 bolts and use a prybar to evenly remove the pump...Before you go further check your crankshaft thrust bearing! How much end play does the crank have!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts