Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
136,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and bought some Wusthof Classic Ikon knives. This is over my Henckels Five Star knives. This makes life much easier in the kitchen. I have cut threw 1/4 pig, 3 pig shoulders, 20#'s of beef chuck roast and the knifes have still maintained their edge. Its night and day and worth the extra coin over the Henckels Five Star knives. Just my 2 cents for anyone looking to get a knife set for their kitchen

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,392 Posts
I got the 13 in 1.... couldnt swing the extra $3.99 for the full boat.... seemed a bit pricey for me....

Vanilla

·
Administrator
136,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep it up Monty! Pretty soon a huge beer can is going to come crashing through your roof and crush you.

LOL

So are you going to post them recipes you PM'ed me? hehehehehe :smt082 I'm open about it.. you're still stuck in the closet.. When ya comin out.. :smt082

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Thanks for the review. I need a new set!

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I enjoy my Henckels, the only thing i wish was better with them is if they held that razor sharp edge longer, dont get me wrong they are sharp but i have to run them on the steel before i use them for some of the tougher work but generally they stay sharp just not razor sharp.

Junk

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Ok Monty, I will admit that I am powerless over cooking and will ask my higher power to give me strenght not to over knead my dough and to know salish salt from himalayan. :)

I have 3 Yoshikanes and they are by a mile the best kitchen knives that I have ever seen, and oddly enough I have had a lot of them. These were a gift, and I want more but they are pretty spendy. For fish, a leech lake knife is one of the best, and if you dont have a bamboo cutting board you are living in the dark ages. The leechlake knife is razor sharp on both and bottom, the slight flex is perfect and it holds its edges very well. This knife has filleted more walleye than most people will see in a lifetime.

There! Thats my 2 cents.

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
Awwww shit Monty. Now you crossed the border into GAY VILLE

Whats next? How to clean your doilies, or how to knit fucking washclothes!!!
****!!

LOL

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have had a set of 5 star Henckels for about 12 years and to retain the edge they just need a swipe across the steel, never had to resharpen yet but I'm not cutting sholders on a regular basis either. Thats allot of meat monty!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts