Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a confirmation last night around 7:00. one of the competitors for King of the Streets at the NMRA race this weekend backed out. They needed the slot filled and need the car there at 9 am tomorrow.

They asked me if i'd like to do it!

Thats a no brainer, lol!

I'm definately at a disadvantage, these guys have been putting cars together for 2-4 months or so. I've had about 6 hours to get the car ready to go to leave this afternoon.

The drivability should be good. Dyno #'s i'm sure will be low around 700rwhp.

The track should be decent, as I know it will go down every time and run right on the edge of 9's.

The fit and finish is very good to.

One of the biggest factors is the popular vote. If anyone thats going could make sure to stop by and throw a vote my way, i would definately appreciate it!

Had to pull all the stickers off other than the hood wrap. But you should still be able to recognize it! ;0

Thanks!

·
asshole
4,146 Posts
do you know who backed out? i know the one customer for the shop i work with twisted his driveshaft the other day

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know who backed out? i know the one customer for the shop i work with twisted his driveshaft the other day
It was a car from Dyno Joe's Shop.

Joe actually suggested me to MJ. It's a solid street car i drive everyday (not raining).

Definately a disadvantage as cars have been preparing for months. but, it'll still be an awesome time.

·
asshole
4,146 Posts
good luck man!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good Luck! I won it back in '08 and it was one of the most fun times Ive ever had at a big event. Good group of guys and I sure wasnt expecting to win- but it made it even better. Michael Johnson and the crew put on a fun little side show!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good luck man!
thanks!

Good Luck! I won it back in '08 and it was one of the most fun times Ive ever had at a big event. Good group of guys and I sure wasnt expecting to win- but it made it even better. Michael Johnson and the crew put on a fun little side show!
yep, we did the ride and drive today. tomorrow is the dyno and track.

Saturday is the popular vote from 9am to 5pm. Engineering will be done at the dyno. I imagine steve turner will be doing the fit and finish on saturday during the popular vote.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I won it last year. It was an awesome time!! Good luck. I'll throw ya a vote.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
hi vito

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got it up the pipe on the dyno. my tune was supposed to have tcs disabled.

i was down about 100 hp. no one noticed the brakes, as the light wasn't flickering because of the disable

after the 2nd hit, the brakes were literally on fire they said, i was in the car, they put it out right away.

at first i though something with the new rotors i just put on wasn't right.

my buddy had the same tune setup and went 2 cars later. he was down about 170 hp, while his pull was being made, i noticed sparks shooting off his rotors. it clicked right away. Traction control was on.

i told him, he manually disabled and jumped 170 hp

so, i had the lowest dyno, but the 2nd fastest track time. lol.

we won't know final results til feb / march

it was a good time though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts