·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Chuck,

You coming down to VMP next friday the 25th for the OSBA and the new 275 Limited Street class?

Ben

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I can I will roll up there to check yawl out. I'm curious to see how many cars turn out. If it looks good I might add a 275 race to our season finale at Motor Mile in October, maybe get a nice purse for you guys to come down.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
We will see if we survive Friday! Trying to get the second car together is killing me! LOL

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
BOUNTRY HUNTER

Schuckz when do you thing that you mite change the rules around so we can bring some fast cars down and play with you guy's?? i got a 3500 pound car and you won't let me play in your sand box. no big chief stuff, and no twins,and no three stages. if i come down at 3500 pounds you should not care what i got.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schuckz when do you thing that you mite change the rules around so we can bring some fast cars down and play with you guy's?? i got a 3500 pound car and you won't let me play in your sand box. no big chief stuff, and no twins,and no three stages. if i come down at 3500 pounds you should not care what i got.
As long as you fit the rules you can race.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys run at over 3400 already, remember I weighed your car:smt017.
I know what Big Red will do on one kit.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Street Race
.400 Pro-Tree
No Break Out

BODY AND CHASSIS

01* tires limited to DOT 28X13.50, 325/50/15 or smaller
* the only true slicks allowed are Mickey Thompson part numbers 3055 and 3055S or any 26" tall slick. .
02* must have stock frame rails intact from rear of drivers seat forward
* ONLY 1962-67 Chevy II may have a bolt on aftermarket subframe front end.
03* bolt on tubular K-member and A-arms are permitted
04* rack and pinion conversions allowed
05* true aftermarket 4-Link 50lb penalty
06* no wheelie bars
07* must have all working stock OEM sealed beam headlights and taillights
08* all body panels other than hood and spoiler must have stock dimensions, no part may have exposed fasteners except the hood and deck lid
09* total hood height limited to 6.5 inches measured from the base of the windshield.
10* must retain firewall in the stock location
11* no gutted interior, must have 2 front seats
12* any company logos or names limited to glass only, not on the car body
13* must measure within 1" of factory wheelbase, body may not be moved from stock location

MECHANICAL
14* base weights before any adjustments for combinations

* small block naturally aspirated single carb 2600
* small block naturally aspirated dual carbs 2700
* small block nitrous 3000
* small block forced induction no intercooler 3000
* small block forced induction intercooled 3050
* stock short deck block big block 3150
* tall deck or aftermarket block big block 3250
* no 5" bore space big blocks
* no forced induction big blocks

15* any head that will not accept an OEM intake manifold without modifications or adapters add 75lbs
16* any big block with true stock valve angle heads may deduct 50lbs
17* Big Chief, Big Duke, spread port big block or equal head will not be permitted
18* Little Chief style heads only allowed on naturally aspirated combinations
19* must have mufflers

INDUCTION
20* gasoline will be the only fuel permitted
21* only one power adder permitted per car
22* turbo limited to single 88mm or smaller (measured impeller tip to tip, hybrid units permitted)
23* supercharger limited to Vortec XX, Procharger F2M, Roots type 8-71 or smaller units (no non "M" F2 units permitted)
24* intercoolers allowed only under the hood * no water, methanol injection or spray bars allowed
25* nitrous limited to 1 stage with a progressive controller or 2 stages with no progressive and a 50lb penalty, maximum 3 total nitrous solenoids
26* single stage, single plate systems with only one nitrous solenoid and no progressive controller may deduct 50lbs.
27* single carb only except for small block roots supercharged units or small block NA cars

BLACK SHEEP RULE
* Any racer may choose to run a 30X13.50 Mickey Thompson ET Street or wheelie bars with a 150lb penalty.
* You can not run both the tire and the bars together.
* We reserve the right to at any time to ban these options altogether or revoke them from a
single car if they show to give an obvious advantage

PROCEDURE
* all cars must be driven from the pit area to the starting line but may be towed back after a pass.
* Rules are subject to change and any combination that shows to have an definite advantage can be penalized to equalize the competition.
* Weather and time permitting, there will be 3 qualifying sessions. The quickest time will be the official qualifying time. Racers will be paired according to a sportsman ladder. Driver with the quicker E.T. in the previous round during eliminations will have lane choice.
* Each car may only have 2 crew members in the staging area,

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
i know. i'm trying to see if he'll run a few ultimate street cars if we show up. god i wish my car was together with the old conventional head motor. they would hate me running 5.0's there fitting all the rules.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
damn my lil motor with an 88 would be nice down there!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I would if it wasnt for sale right now it is FRESH!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
the new motor is done but it will get twins......eventually when I can afford it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts