Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have one of the Kimber 82G?

I picked one up today, NIB from a guy that has had it a few years. Its extremely clean with no rust like most of the current ones from CMP. It does have the knife mark on the stock.

I have read good and bad on them, and am curious what the true story is. I got it to do some short range rimfire matches and it should be a decent little gun for the money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
These are from Kimber of Oregon and not the current Kimber. Most look hardly used apparently because their pieces of shit. Look at the end of the barrel apparently they were chocked in a lathe to polish and fucked up end of barrel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cuz we all know a good lube makes for the most accurate rifles out there. Come on now really? OH he's from baltimore and has over 2000 posts he must know every fuckin thing. Unload that piece of shit the first chance you get. Oh and rimfire match you'd be better off with one of those coopers built by that liberal loving pos or a martini but only the later if you have a little class.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are from Kimber of Oregon and not the current Kimber. Most look hardly used apparently because their pieces of shit. Look at the end of the barrel apparently they were chocked in a lathe to polish and fucked up end of barrel.
Yeah, the end of the barrel isn't very smooth. Crowning looks good though.

Its still a Wilson barrel though, so even if I have to touch up the crown or the end, it should still have the ability to shoot good.

Oh and rimfire match you'd be better off with one of those coopers built by that liberal loving pos or a martini but only the later if you have a little class.
I decided I wouldn't own another Cooper, even before he started the political BS.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, cleaned out the cosmoline, cleaned the bolt, ran some JB/Kroil through it, and decided to start the break in. One round then clean, 2 rounds then clean, and I couldn't help but see how it would group on the next 3. I threw up this target at about 50-55 yards and tried to figure out how the hell to see anything with open sights. LOL I have ALWAYS been a scope shooter. I thought I would be able to make out the red blocks on this target through the irons, but I couldn't. So I sit the rifle on a couple bags, just kind of guessed at the center of the dog's outline, and snapped off 3 rounds. Its not great by any means, but with more rounds through it for break-in, getting a feel for the gun, and learning the sights (or putting on a scope), I think it has some potential to shoot decent. Ammo was Armscor. I will also try different brands when I get it broke in.

Blocks are 1" square, so I would say the group is 1.25" or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts