Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
6,044 Posts
Get a cat.
Go with a ferret, or even better, a small herd of ferrets. They’re some mousing little bastards, they put a cat to shame. My old cat would spot them, but never catch one. As soon as I saw that he spotted one I’d let the ferrets out. Within 10-20 mins that mouse was dead. Fun watching them hunt together, the team work is amazing.

·
Super Moderator
48,683 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Use a snapper and think like a trapper.
1.Make them approach the trap from the front. They come at a weird angle, there's a chance the wire won't catch 'em right. Put the traps in choke points where the vermin only have one route in/out.
2. Make sure you have a hair trigger goin' on. Gotta play with most of 'em out of the box to get 'em right, gotta get 'em to the point where you can almost set 'em off with a sneeze.
3. Save the cheese and peanut butter for a sandwich, get some big raisins and wire those fuckers to the bait tab. I use the fine wire out of twist-ties from bread bags.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Glue traps are kind of grisly, last one I used I felt like I'd have finished the mouse off with a .17 to the dome if I'd have got there in time. Cats puke all over the place. Poisoned vermin die in walls and fucking stink. Electric traps kill as well as snap traps at 10x the cost. Bucket traps are fun for an internet thread, I'd still use snappers, though.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Had one in the sticky trap, pellet gun to the skull to finish the job. You're right, it was grisly

·
Registered
939 Posts
Regular old snap traps with jelly believe it or not. As it sits out it hardens a little to the trip tab. After they are dead I used to throw em out in the driveway belly side up for the eagles to eat. Same with the chipmunks. They always knew what days of the week I’d check the traps too, because they were never laying out for more than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I had a Jack Russell Terrorist that was the best rat and mouse killer I ever saw. She never ate one (that I know of) but would lay 'em on the back porch to show 'em off.
It was her duty and she took it very seriously.
And if you use poison, use a 2.5" piece of PVC a couple of feet long and put it in about the middle. That will keep cats and small dogs from getting to it but still let the mice and rats at it.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Stop fucking around with this BS.

Get this shit. I fucking garantee you WILL solve the problem . Dont use the stupid fucking bait box feeder thing. I just put the shit in places I know they go,under boards, near their holes etc. Havent seen a mouse or chipmunk - red squirrel for MONTHS . Fuck dem rodents. ( sorry rodent4) All the neighborhood cats are still around, so it must not be fucking them up either. Oh, I did NOT use it inside my house,putit around OUTSIDE. They will eat,look around for water, and boom.Done.

Get busy

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Stop fucking around with this BS.

Get this shit. I fucking garantee you WILL solve the problem . Dont use the stupid fucking bait box feeder thing. I just put the shit in places I know they go,under boards, near their holes etc. Havent seen a mouse or chipmunk - red squirrel for MONTHS . Fuck dem rodents. ( sorry rodent4) All the neighborhood cats are still around, so it must not be fucking them up either. Oh, I did NOT use it inside my house,putit around OUTSIDE. They will eat,look around for water, and boom.Done.

I used to use this too until I found out the raptors eat the mice and get poisoned. The rat zapper is great. Bait, shock, empty.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts