Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talking to the guys down at Coast High Performance about a build for a friend of mine and they mentioned this fantastic deal they had on a shortblock. It has a crazy history on it. I was told that this guy wanted to get a shortblock built in March, gave them a deposit then disappeared. They built the block and when they were done they couldn't get in contact with him. Months and months go by and they don't hear a thing.

Ends up the guy had gotten arrested and was in jail for video taping women undressing in the trailer park next to where he lived. It was his 3rd offense so he got 5yrs for it.

How did they find this out you ask? This is where it gets goofy. "The Guy" calls and wants a refund on his deposit. They tell him we have you shortblock ready pay the balance and it's yours. But "The Guy" has a bunch of excuses of why he doesn't want the shortblock, he wanted a refund. And he wanted a check, not a refund on his credit card. This is when the Coast guys got suspicious. They did some searching around and found that the guy who had the shortblock built was doing time. So who was it calling for the refund?

They called "The Guy" back and asked where he wanted his check sent and told him was on the way. After they got off the phone they checked the address and it was for the house next door to the person who ordered the shortblock. WTF right? So with a little more checking they find that the guy who ordered the shortblock still lived with his Mom. They managed to get a phone number for her to see exactly what was going on. She had no idea what was going on (retired older lady) but after checking into things found out that the dirtbag neighbor had hijacked her son's identity/credit and was leveraging it to the hilt. She called the Police but they haven't filed charges yet.

In the meantime Coast made a deal with the Mom to refund half of the deposit because they thought it was the right thing to do, but they needed to cover themselves on the special order block they were now sitting on.

So there ya go, I got a killer deal on a shortblock because Coast needed to get rid of it and discounted it half of the original deposit. I'm happy, the Mom is happy, Coast is covered. A win all the way around.

I wonder what happened to the neighbor who hijacked "shortblock guys" identity/credit?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Sqidd, I had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago at my shop. Had a 18,000 dollar build, guy paid 1/2 down, 2 weeks later when the short block was finished I called to see if the top end was still the same as ordered. Couldn't reach him, tried for 2 more weeks (contract called for 10 days) and still no return call. At that point the short block became ours. Found out a couple of weeks later he had assaulted his wife for the sixth time, couldn't post bail prior to trial so he sat. Got sentenced to 4-6 yrs. Sent his wife back 4 grand, sold the short block later at a reduced price, but broke even on the deal. Good luck on the short block, we've had a couple of Coast engines here to freshen up. They do excellent work, should last for you.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Well played sir.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i didn't think thieves read anything
So...

Stephen King is a psyco murderer horror show?

Tom Clancy is a special forces operator/president/CIA guy/nuclear submarine captain?

Max Brooks is a zombie

George RR Martin lives in Westeros?

Larry Correia hunts monsters?

Stephen Hunter is a sniper?

Jeff Lindsay is a serial killer who only kills bad people?

Robert Heinlein is a starship trooper?

Chuck Palahniuk is a underground fighter who likes to blow shit up with soap and has a split personality?

......ok, you got me. Your logic tracks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
This is a pretty legit one. 10/10.

·
The Dude Abides
18,430 Posts
Meh, 7 out of 10.

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
:
Sqidd, I had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago at my shop. Had a 18,000 dollar build, guy paid 1/2 down, 2 weeks later when the short block was finished I called to see if the top end was still the same as ordered. Couldn't reach him, tried for 2 more weeks (contract called for 10 days) and still no return call. At that point the short block became ours. Found out a couple of weeks later he had assaulted his wife for the sixth time, couldn't post bail prior to trial so he sat. Got sentenced to 4-6 yrs. Sent his wife back 4 grand, sold the short block later at a reduced price, but broke even on the deal. Good luck on the short block, we've had a couple of Coast engines here to freshen up. They do excellent work, should last for you.
So, we have a spinoff thread and it gets the reply above saying good luck this shit really happens. Fucking awesome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts