Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 More jumps then my kid becomes Airborne in the United States Army! I thought my proudest moment was 3 weeks ago when I watched him graduate from boot camp. I guess I was wrong! Kid makes me more proud every day!

Hell yeah!

Frank

·
#Tittipicsmatter !
6,406 Posts
Tell Him thanks for his service. Is he at Bragg? I am not far from there.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Congratulations, on your kid falling out of a plane and hitting the ground, it's called gravity.

From an old crusty paratrooper, I've jumped out of shit that ain't even in the inventory anymore; I graduated jump school back in 96.

You going to be their to pin his wings or what?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could go, I used my vaca to spend a bunch of time with him after Boot camp. (he was there from Jan 10 to August 8- broke his hand in the middle of BC number 1)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Tell him thanks for stepping up when we need more like him. Stay proud and you must have done something right with your son. Great job..

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Congrats to you and your son....

But I Never could figure out why they call them "Airborne".

When I was flying C-130s out of Pope AFB we took them up regularly. But every one of those paratroopers feel like a rock when they went out the doors. If it weren't for the parachute, they would have kept falling like a rock all of the way to the ground....;)

Several of their mottos were interesting:

"Death From Above"

"Kill Them All, Let God Sort Out the Good Ones"

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,573 Posts
Congrats on your kids accomplishments.
I hope for your son's sake he's not sent to the sandbox to fight these ISIS idiots our Govt commissioned and lost control of.

My first Intel school was where the 101st Airborne "Screamin Eagles" were trained.
From an old crusty paratrooper, I've jumped out of shit that ain't even in the inventory anymore; I graduated jump school back in 96.
Ewww.....you old salty dog you....18 years isn't that long ago. lol

Here I thought you were going to say you were a Vietnam era vet or something.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
4 More jumps then my kid becomes Airborne in the United States Army! I thought my proudest moment was 3 weeks ago when I watched him graduate from boot camp. I guess I was wrong! Kid makes me more proud every day!

Hell yeah!

Frank
Congratulate him for having the cajones to stick with it through a tough program and thank him for stepping up and volunteering to defend the rest of us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts